Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a luggage rack coming in the next few days but the bolts are not included. Anyone know the specific info on what bolt sizes I'll need to get?

·
2,506 Posts
I have a luggage rack coming in the next few days but the bolts are not included. Anyone know the specific info on what bolt sizes I'll need to get?
The 2 main bolts are 8-1.25 x 20mm that hold it down. You'll probably need (2) 5/16 flat washers and 2 split lock washers to go along with them.

If your 4 bolts that go into either side seem a little short just take them to the hardware store and get them 5mm longer. Not quite sure what size those are.

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have done that, but no, I went and got regular bolts. Whenever the next time is that I have a need to remove the rack, for whatever reason, I'll swap over to Allen heads. It'll make getting to the lower bolts much easier.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I suggest replacing the side bolts with Allen heads. Makes life easier installing ....
boltdepot.com is a good place to deal with, i use them to convert everything over to allen head whenever i can

Reactions: Gaz73
1 - 6 of 6 Posts