Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need luggage for my VN 750. I don't anticipate taking many long trips (when I do, multiple duffle bags and bungee cords will probably do the trick). But I often need to pack a few work-related items and clothing changes on my daily commute (which includes some highway/interstate travel). My Cortech Mini Tank Bag has been very useful, but it's not always big enough, even when extended ~ plus, the restraining strap doesn't attach easily on the VN 750, so I've usually ridden without it (which means I need to keep the weight down; my Plexifairing 3 windshield keeps it from being blown off!).

As I understand it, besides tank bags, I have two primary options:
1. saddle bags (hard or soft),
2. tail bags (to attach either to the passenger seat or my stock Kaw tail rack).

I would really appreciate any suggestions. What works for you? Thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Saddle bags are probably you're best bet.

You can get a set for a resonable price at most websites and unless there huge you don't need to mess with brackets. There are tips on mounting in the Vulcan Verses.

Tailbags are nice but most of the ones I have looked at require the sissy bar and a luggage rack if you don't want it on the seat.

I also use a backpack if I have more than will fit in the saddle bags. I found one at Target that gave me the extra capacity that I wanted but would still fit in one of my saddle bags if I didn't need it.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Seeing as you do have the rear rack, another option is a smaller, roll along nylon suitcase.
Some of the ones with the extendable handle, when extended, could act as a support for a
duffle bag bungeed to it.
Chances are, you could probably find one that comes close to the color of the bike.
You'd need to fabricate something to mount it to the rack, but that's not too hard. If ya need suggestions on that, give a shout.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You may want to try what I found, The Tri-Bag system from TourMaster.

I first got the Saddlebags, and later the tailbag. I plan on the tankbag at a later time.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=146&cat=31

I really enjoy them, They are extreamly roomy, I cannot believe how much junk I can get in these bags and they do not look that big.

The tailbag attaches to the saddlebags with 4 latching adjustable straps, it does not have to attach to the bike at all, just lay it over the seat and click the latches and go.

This is the bike with the bags only.....
http://www.dteservice.com/mystuff/DSCN1479.JPG

Good Hunting.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts