Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...he wants his weather back.

98 today with 90 percent humidity - heat index is 109...for real!?!? There's a problem when I'm nervous about taking the liquid AND air cooled fuel injected bike for a ride. It might have cooling mechanisms but I don't know that they can handle riding in an oven. Last time I came home and parked it in the air conditioned garage the fan ran for a couple minutes after shut down and it was only 85 and humid. Is it ok to ride an FI bike in a freekin' bowl a soup?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Ive been riding my carb'd bike in this soup with little excitement.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Lol in work today its 115* 100* humidity... Then I get to go home.

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
What, you never watched Easy Rider? You couldn't ride off into the desert on a motorcycle famous for burning the rear cylinder (panhead), trusting there will be a gas pump when your peanut tank gets low? What 60 mi to a tankful?

I just don't know about this younger bunch.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
frequently in that temp range here in floriduh where I live, ride my vn without issues on a daily basis.

only thing that gets hot, is the rider..

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
We get 115 to 125 degrees and the last time I took the bike out it did alright.

I usually only do short runs to work and back, but I did take a 2 hour ride in high temp heat a couple weeks ago. The bike didn't seem to heat up that much and I still haven't given it the season's radiator flush and coolant/thermostat swap.

Oh and that was all in city riding. I'm sure the open road would be better for the bike's cooling system.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
The only time my bike runs hot is when my girl gets on it.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Well it seems lucifer has his weather back now, was 38 here in eastern Florida last night. My banana trees, tomato and hobenero plants met their maker.

Is it ironic that this post was my 666th post?

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Lucifer called, he said I could have my ex-wife back, said she was too much trouble.

asked that I take my old Chihuahua back too, claimed that he can't get the damn thing housebroken either.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Lucifer called, he said I could have my ex-wife back, said she was too much trouble.
Funny, I got the same exact message! I actually thought she was satin until receiving said message.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Who knows, maybe she was a manifestation of the pointy eared demon. I know for a fact that my ex loved her pitchfork.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
First a resurrection, then a succubus....I need to start doin what you guys are.....lol

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....got 7-8" dumped on me last night and today....snowblower handled it fine though until the drive belt crapped out....more white on Weds.....oh joy...

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Move to South New York....aka Florida;)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
That would be "Sout Noo Yawk"....lol.....oy !
Sokay....I was ridin yesterday, lol....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....daym....another 8-12 tomorrow (will be 16 here from lake effect)....glad I picked that snowblower outta the trash....$30 in a carb rebuild, and she runs....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
just a couple inches of snow but getting a day of freezing rain and ice

1 - 20 of 41 Posts