Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Lowered The Back Of Bike With Lowering Shocks, It Lowered The Back 2 Inches. The Kick Stand Still Works. My Question Is Should I Slide The Front Of The Bike Down 2 Inches Too So The Suspension And Steering And Carb Float Levels Stay Level?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I don't know if you need to because of the float levels. they will not be that much off.

Progressive makes a lowering kit for the front which would be the way to go if you want to lower it more.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I made a bracket to lower my rear end 2". I did not lower the front and have had no problems with it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have lowered the back of mine 2.5" with brackets and left the front alone,and the same as Piromedicx no problems!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
What, exactly, are the benefits of lowering the bike? Is this just for our shorter friends who have trouble touching the ground with both feet?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ohh, okay. I guess I shouldn't bat another eyelash at these threads then, since I'm 6'3" and don't have that problem, whatsoever. Sorry, shorter guys :p

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Ohh, okay. I guess I shouldn't bat another eyelash at these threads then, since I'm 6'3" and don't have that problem, whatsoever. Sorry, shorter guys :p
Ya know, if it wasn't for us shorter guys (I'm about 5'7"), you tall guys wouldn't be so tall !!

And in keeping on topic, I also don't see the slight angle that lowering the back of the bike will give ya as being a problem either. Now, if it were a racing bike, it could make a big difference with the bike geometry, and could be an issue, seeing as they try to get everything 'just right', in order to shave 10th of a second off of lap times.
But we're a cruiser, so cruise low now, and don't worry about it.

Also, I don't have troubles putting both feet on the ground when on my Vulcan. The only thing I have trouble with, is keeping the speedo from saying I'm going faster than I'm supposed to be. I think my bike thinks it's a racer !!
Besides, aren't those speedlimit signs just 'suggested' speeds? LOL :smiley_th

·
Registered
185 Posts
5'9''- I have no trouble putting both feet on the ground. Though clearing the seat for mounting and dismounting the saddle is a little awkward.

·
Registered
73 Posts
5'9''- I have no trouble putting both feet on the ground. Though clearing the seat for mounting and dismounting the saddle is a little awkward.
Now that's something that I can agree with. I have to kind of hop over and it kind of takes all the "cool" out of mounting/dismounting as opposed to doing it in one fluid motion.

·
Registered
185 Posts
:rolleyes: Yeah cool factor seems pretty well gone when I need to mount / dismount. If I can keep from scraping my boot on the seat or tank I am pretty happy with myself.

I've found a front kick and then lean in method seems to work a little smoother than the typical swing your leg over style.

·
Registered
3 Posts
can some one that has made the lowering brackets please make me a set and i will be glad to pay what ever it takes to get the here I am only 4' 11" so i guess you know how bad i need them....at this time i am unable to find shorter shocks otherwise i would go that way....in advance thank you
Phyllis

·
Registered
98 Posts
now, wouldnt these brackets put the angle of the rear shock too horizontel? my wife is about 5'2" and brand new to riding, so id like her to be bent legged and flat footed when stopped if at all possible. i figured moving the top of the shock would be the best bet, but there's no place to move it too lol

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Talk about a bump !!!, lol.... most now arent using brackets, but just getting shorter shocks....never liked them brackets because they changed the dampening ratio due to a different angle.

·
Registered
264 Posts
get rid of the back rest and custom ur seat problem solved,or lower it to the ground and a slight lift of the leg will do

·
Registered
264 Posts
can some one that has made the lowering brackets please make me a set and i will be glad to pay what ever it takes to get the here I am only 4' 11" so i guess you know how bad i need them....at this time i am unable to find shorter shocks otherwise i would go that way....in advance thank you
Phyllis
only thing that can make bike very low is making it into a hard tail,spring seat,slide the front tubes 2.5 inches and ready to.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I Lowered The Back Of Bike With Lowering Shocks, It Lowered The Back 2 Inches. The Kick Stand Still Works. My Question Is Should I Slide The Front Of The Bike Down 2 Inches Too So The Suspension And Steering And Carb Float Levels Stay Level?
lower the tubes 2.5 inches (found out it handled better on mine)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Because we can and low is cool :beerchug:
Front and rear, again no problems:motorcycl

1 - 20 of 37 Posts