Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to get my 86 750vn into a van to get it home (don't ask, still a bit miffed) I had to lower the front about 6" after I got it back home I was looking at it and liked the look. My question is can this be done? has anyone done it with any sort of success?

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
While trying to get my 86 750vn into a van to get it home (don't ask, still a bit miffed) I had to lower the front about 6" after I got it back home I was looking at it and liked the look. My question is can this be done? has anyone done it with any sort of success?

6 inches?..that be real bad as it would not only limit your fork travel but likely would shorten the trail to a dangerous level..(Think of a shopping cart with one of those wheels that vibrates side to side)

You could lower the forks about one inch (raising them in the clamps) but most folks that do this lower the rear end first with shorter shocks.
Keep the forks at the stock setting.

KM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thank you, figured it was something like that. Looking good does not always mean it's do-able.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I had lowered my front about an inch But like KM said It was after the rear was lowered with brackets.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
i lowered my front 3cm and the handling is improved now
And for those who aren't familiar, 3cm is about 1.2in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have thought of doing the same thing, lower the front by raising the forks
about a 1 in or 3 cm , whatever. However, I've had my bike parked on its kickstand facing slightly downhill and had the kickstand fold up on me and drop the bike. If I lower the front by 1 inch will this cause problems with the
kickstand?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have thought of doing the same thing, lower the front by raising the forks
about a 1 in or 3 cm , whatever. However, I've had my bike parked on its kickstand facing slightly downhill and had the kickstand fold up on me and drop the bike. If I lower the front by 1 inch will this cause problems with the
kickstand?
mines dun that too... it will definetlly set more straight up

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
<Almost on topic...> Most people just remove the mirrors and/or adjust the handlebars when putting bikes in vans. :doh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts