Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to lower the ass end but dont really want to make it rigid, is saw some mini springs on a bike some where but am having trouble finding them for my bike (89 vn 750) anyone know where i might should look?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
there are several ways to lower the back of the VN7XX, the most common is to get a set of Harley Davidson 10.5" shocks. Another Way is to make shock relocation brackets and run the stock shocks.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I made the brackets!!!! It's alot of work!!! I'm going with the harley lowering shocks this year though cause my shocks are shot!!!!

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
i have a set of lowering brackets, i am not sure if the rear axle is long enough though....how did you get yours to fit?:motorcycl

thanks!
I found a 1/2" longer axle and my local bone yard. I still have it and no longer using it if youre interested in buying it.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I have a solution for the axle problem when using the lowering brackets... go to the local parts store and get a shock busing kit that has a metal busing with an inside diameter of 16mm (5/8"), a piece of 16mm (5/8") All Thread, then have them measure the OD of the Busing (keep this info for later),a piece of 16mm (5/8") All Thread, and 2 16mm (5/8)nuts and washers. Drill a bore hole of recorded Bushing OD, then drill a 1 1/16" (that is one and one-sixteenth inches) hole 1/8" into the shock lowering bracket. Take the The all Thread and screw on one nut with and one washer down far enough to slide the metal bushing with enough threads exposed to put the second washer and nut on. Tighten the nuts down as tight as possible, measure 3/16" and cut the bushing with a hacksaw, dremal, or other cutting tool. Sand the 3/16 bushing down to 1/8". (Do the same process for the other side, One shock bushing will make two axle bushings.)
Next Press the bushings into the Lowering Bracket Axle hole. Install Bracket, torque nuts to required specs. Viola Problem solved... (it is not necessary to have the All Thread if you have access to a way to hold the bushing square while you cut it)

·
Registered
96 Posts
My vote goes for progressives as the easiest way to lower the "rear end"... I bought some and they are nice... plus easy install.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got the lowering brackets looking to get a longer axel, does anyone have the specs on the axel I would need? or actually where to get one

Thanks
Todd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts