Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody sell a lower kit or can make me one? or have templates for me to copy? Was the axle changed ? If so what kind or where can I get one.Any help appreciated

·
. . "Boricua" Rider . .
133 Posts
Lowering kit . . .

Welcome to our forum!

Some time ago, a forum member posted this bracket diagrams, which lowers the bike aprox. 2 inches, with detailed instructions (check below).
I have a set made for me in S/S (still not installed), but verify the diameter of the axle holes; as I can remember
I think it needs to be bigger than whats indicated in the diagram.
Hope this helps.

Bengie

http://www.vn750.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=531&d=1184246785

http://www.vn750.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=532&d=1184246793

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put on 11" progressive shocks on my bike and they are great. The part number is 412-4232C, Be sure to get the ones with the "C" behind the part# they are the heavy duty ones but they ride great and are adjustable. I have no problems even with a passenger. phatperformanceparts.com has them for 198.95 with free shipping and they got to my house two days after I ordered them. There are no clearance issues with the fender and they ride great! The progressive front replacment springs also made a drastic improvement in the ride and I lowered the front 1".They were also listed at the website as part# 10-1553 and were 76.95. Best money that I have spent on the bike so far.

·
Registered
80 Posts
These are the same drawings I have. I have not found anyone to make them for me yet.
As for the rear axle, I think it has to be replaced with a longer one. When installing the lowering brackets you pick up 1/2" and there is not 1/2" extra with the exsting axle.
If you find some one to make the brackets and axle, let me know. As far as the shorter shocks, I am cheap, don't want to spend that much.

·
Registered
721 Posts
what's the handling difference for lowering front and rear, if any?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just lowered my bike with the brackets on this forum. I tried to upload pictures but
unable to. I had a machine shop make my brackets out of aircraft grade aluminum 5/16'
Also had my axle lengthened 3/4' to make up for the brackets. I didn't want to grind on swing arm or cut the castle nut down. I want all the strength that is suposed to be
built in to the bike. I had to cut the top of the brackets down about 3/8" to clear the shocks. Other wise every thing fit fine. As far as handeling, not that much differance.
And yes, the hole for the axle is larger than the drawings.

·
Sparky!!!
8,696 Posts
I just lowered my bike with the brackets on this forum. I tried to upload pictures but
unable to. I had a machine shop make my brackets out of aircraft grade aluminum 5/16'
Also had my axle lengthened 3/4' to make up for the brackets. I didn't want to grind on swing arm or cut the castle nut down. I want all the strength that is supposed to be
built in to the bike. I had to cut the top of the brackets down about 3/8" to clear the shocks. Other wise every thing fit fine. As far as handling, not that much difference.
And yes, the hole for the axle is larger than the drawings.
3/4' isn't that 9" wow that is a long axle...you got spear heads on the ends of it??? is it legal to have that much material sticking out...and I wanna see pics of this...lol

Just giving you heck Curtis, I realize you meant to say 3/4"

·
Registered
47 Posts
jmyatt315 thanks for the info on the shocks, I just ordered a pair of the same ones. will probably be a winter project. Looking at lowering the front 1" also and hope the ride is a little better then before since I am only 5'7" and 145 lbs. All I need now is the V&H cruzers and I should be set.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the great info they provide.

·
social_enemy0
13 Posts
help!

I want to lower the rear of the bike cheaply. Is there any way to do this!?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Got to make brackets or find a set of cheap sportster shocks on ebay!!!

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
^Reported.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts