Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know ive seen brackets that lower the rear end of the 750 up to 2''

does anyone make something that i can buy and just bolt on?

also, perhaps a dumb question, but can i just drop the rear fender down a bit to partially cover the tire or will it bottom out on bumps?

thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
Well, not sure what you are trying to accomplish here, but it sounds like you do not have to lower the bike because you are short, all you want to do is lower it for looks...

You can't lower the rear fender so it is any closer to the tire then the suspesion would allow, unless you somehow made it part of the swingarm, so it moved with the tire.

I do believe someone here sells lowering links, that are basicly "bolt on" deals...just not sure why you wish to do this..

KM

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Whether you drop the whole frame with brackets, or just drop the fender, makes no difference if it'll bottom out.

I would think using brackets would have less work involved than trying to lower the fender.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Or you can do like Shameless did and put a set of shorter shocks for a harley on it.They are all over e bay for $70 to $100.

·
Registered
722 Posts
That's why I lowered mine....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, something similar to what you have goin on. looks like you made brackets?

i dont have the time nor the machinery anymore to fab too much stuff up at home. anyone sell them or can i just go the sportster shock route?

why are yr drag bars so high? do they hit the tank lowered a bit?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yes I made my brackets.But I want to go with harley shocks with the chrome covers.No one makes lowering brackets for our bikes.The drag bars are set up in-line with the forks and for me they just feel rite.But there is no chance of hitting the tank if they were lower.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
excellent!

now just to rid myself of this electrical gremlin and i'll be good to finish my mods!

where'd you get the drag bars from? i'd love a set with lower risers. 7/8'' will fit correct?

·
Registered
722 Posts
The old bike barn has lower bars named Drag sprot bars and yes they are 7/8

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool.

how do i know what shocks would fit the vulcan? is it based off mounting hole size and shock length? i have a set from an 02 suzuki intruder layin around.

also, has anyone attached the fender to the swingarm so i can really sink the tire up in there?

·
Sparky!!!
8,696 Posts
also, has anyone attached the fender to the swingarm so i can really sink the tire up in there?

I haven't done this yet...but I am getting ready to when I lower my bike about 3 inched this week end...I'll take pics and stuff for ya when I do.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aww come on man, im waitin on ya! ;)

seriously, did you get the fender attached to the swingarm over the weekend?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts