Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that my bike seems to have the back rest much higher than a lot of other bikes I've seen in the showroom topic. I really like the look without this extra section on, but I don't see how to remove it.

Did some bikes come with this higher section and others with lower seats not having this higher backrest part? How would I go about removing this taller section and making it look good?

Mine:

Lower seat backrest that I'm talking about:

So what's the best way to get this look? :)

Anyone also have any tips on making my stock seat more comfy? Mine is good for about 10 mins, then it starts to hut my butt. I think the padding is mostly done for in it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You have the extended backrest. Should be able to pu the standard rest on the web for a reasonable price. The upper portion separates from the side rails after nyou remove a bolt or 2 that hold the pieces together. Remove the seat, and you may have to remove the toolbox (held in the frame by 1 small bolt) to see the bolts, I forget.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
166 Posts
i have 1 if you pay for shipping u can have it

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
The extended backrest sells new for about $150 + shipping on ebay, so you could sell your used one if you want. If you ride two up, the passenger will probably appreciate the taller backrest. I too have the shorter chrome piece I would swap for the extended backrest.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have 1 if you pay for shipping u can have it
That would be awesome! :) Got a picture of it and know what year it was from?

Yes, my GF sometimes rides with me, but not too often. She does like the extended rest, but I don't know if she plans to ride or not anymore. She's only a couple times, and I know she doesn't care for it as much as I do. 99% of the time I ride solo.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Be careful some are polished al. and some are chrome plate make sure you get the one that matches you bike.

·
Registered
166 Posts
ill get a pic tomarrow didnt even go in there today lol i need a break. mine is crome plated i think. all he needs id the short bar off the back of the seat right. if u r not going to do anything with the 1 u have im sure one of the other guys would like to have it!!

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Be careful some are polished al. and some are chrome plate make sure you get the one that matches you bike.
A magnet can be used to see what type you have. It will be attracted to chromed steel, but not aluminum.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill get a pic tomarrow didnt even go in there today lol i need a break. mine is crome plated i think. all he needs id the short bar off the back of the seat right. if u r not going to do anything with the 1 u have im sure one of the other guys would like to have it!!
That's cool. My gf doesn't ride with me very often, but it looks like the part changes out pretty quick. I could probably change it out in 10 mins or so. My gf likes the taller one, but only rides maybe once a month if that. I would love to keep the shorter one on 95% of the time, and for the occasional ride that she comes along put the taller one on for her. she likes it and feels more safe with it on.

Thanks! I lookf orward to seeing the pic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts