Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Let's Ride!!
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get both, but can only afford one at the moment. So which do you think I should get?

I'm looking at some bars that are about half the height as stock and about 2 inches less pullback. I think I'd really like them as the stock bars are nice for cruising, but I like to ride the Vulcan a little aggressively, especially in the twisties.

Then I'm looking at a Slipstreamer Spit Fire windshield. I can definitely see the benefits of this. It'll make freeway riding so much nicer without being a huge fairing.

I can't decide, so help me make the choice.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
I'd get the windscreen first. I just rather have the comfort.

Logically however it makes more sense to get the bars first. As when you do get the windscreen it will be a one time install. If you get the shield first, you'll have to remove it and then reinstall it to fit the new bars.

So....hope that helps....;)

·
Let's Ride!!
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really... that's pretty much my dilemma. :confused:

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Bars first...proper control is more important than comfort (besides, its almost frickin summer !). And as Knife said, if ya get the windshield first, you'll need to remove and readjust again...maybe even cut and trim...
The steps go 1-2-3-4, not 2-1-4-3...
...do the bars.....

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Get the bars. You already ride full face. Full face and windscreen to me is silly IMHO.
Silly until you go down and slide separated from the bike although I see your point during normal riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts