Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold start the bike and put it on the side stand to warm up, give her 50% choke and she idles at about 1500 rpm, after a minute or two I sit on her and bring it upright she roars up to about 2000 rpm, I am not touching the choke or the throttle.

It doesn't do this if I warm it up on center stand.

Is this a common issue? My thoughts are it is a float bowl issue, but the bike runs fine, and does not have any power issues.

·
Registered
796 Posts
My 93' does the same thing. Its got 43k on it and never done the carbs. I know that I have to take the carbs apart for a good cleaning tho. Someone else might have the answer.

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just did get my carbs rebuilt this past spring, she runs like a top with no power loss issues. If anything it seems like it might be the back cylinder might not be firing as it should, maybe a lack of gas to that right hand carb? On the side stand she is at a pretty good lean to the left side.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Mine does it even when warm. I know I need a couple carb boots as well. That is why I'm running my 01' more.

·
Bandito
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the choke cable and it is not pulling, I tried it with the wheel straight and got the same results.

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
I hate to say it, but this looks like a good time to use Seafoam, Staybil, or whatever your favorite fuel additive is.
Just for giggles, when it is cold, lean it over to the right, having somebody suport it, start it with the choke, and see if it replicates the problem. If it doesn't, then I would suspect a float sticking on one side only. If it does replicate the problem, I have no idea, unless it is the initank fuel filter covering and uncovering with sludge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts