Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Oh, and it's $1099 on the website, so that ebay one seems like a bargain now haha

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Looks like a sport bike fairing on a cruiser.:loser1:

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
I like the looks of that one, i have been wanting to see what one that style would look like mounted on a VN750

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it too.. it said it was the upper fairing.. I can't find the whole thing anywhere.. wondering what it would look like with the lowers too....I am thinking .. drop the rear end 2 inches.. add the hard bags I just won on Ebay and this fiaring.. slick!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Yea, it does look a little different, but since the overall design of the pockets seems about the same, I thought it was the same company anyway. Way too expensive for me to think about buying that lol. The one from the pic you posted does look better though :)

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
That looks to be close to it.. this one looks to be more of a Bat Wing.

Even has the side mounts for our turn signals.
OK, this batwing does look somewhat better than the Hannigen fairing link that Ceal posted. Both of them look to be a frame mounted fairings, which I don`t think I would like because it creates more "sail" for a crosswind to catch and push you down wind.

If the "sail" effect of a fairing or windshield when it is fork mounted, is in front of the steering head, it will tend to turn the wheel downwind, and self correct your direction by countersteering the bike back into the wind.

For a more complete explanation, read David Hough`s article on this topic in his first book,
"Proficient Motorcyling- The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well."
http://www.amazon.com/David-L.-Hough/e/B001JOWE2I

·
Super Moderator
11,943 Posts
OK, this batwing does look somewhat better than the Hannigen fairing link that Ceal posted. Both of them look to be a frame mounted fairings, which I don`t think I would like because it creates more "sail" for a crosswind to catch and push you down wind.

If the "sail" effect of a fairing or windshield when it is fork mounted, is in front of the steering head, it will tend to turn the wheel downwind, and self correct your direction by countersteering the bike back into the wind.

For a more complete explanation, read David Hough`s article on this topic in his first book,
Wow, what a load. Perhaps David should leave physics to physicists. Handle bar mounted windsheilds tend to "fight" the rider alot more than frame mounted ones. Because they are NOT trying to turn the steering head/forks.

Frame mounted fairings with windscreens also tend to be sturdier. I would rather have a solid mounted fairing with windscreen anyday over a fork mounted windscreen.

Cross winds can play havoc with any bike that has a tall windshield , but it won't push against you as much if it is mounted to the frame. There are a few million Goldwing riders out there that seem to be doing fine with their frame mounted windscreens......;)

KM

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Both of them look to be a frame mounted fairings, which I don`t think I would like because it creates more "sail" for a crosswind to catch and push you down wind.

Hoss, you gotta read Craig Vetter's articles on frame mounted vs handlebar or fork mounted fairings. He's had a lot more experience than most anyone regarding fairings. He is the Godfather of fairings.

·
Super Moderator
11,943 Posts
OK OK.. who makes em?...LOL
I think it is more like 'who made them' as I wager the company no longer does. The bottom is very simular to a fairing I had long ago, can't remember the name, but it was made in England.

The company that placed the ebay ad deals in older parts, which gives possible support to my thinking that this is a older fairing...maybe late 80's , made in Europe but no longer being produceed.

Again, just my guess here. If you want something kinda simular, check out the fairings made by Rifle for cruisers.

KM

p.s. Of course you could always send an email to the seller and ask if he knows.................

·
Registered
61 Posts
when this post started, a couple of days ago, I e-mailed the seller and got a rather nasty bounce statement from e-bay...e-mail went nowhere.

·
working class hero
32 Posts
Looks like the original fire and steel, ma kaw tour pak faring but only missing the lowers to me.:smiley_th The size and shape of the shield cut down gives it kinda the batwing effect:beerchug:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think it is more like 'who made them' as I wager the company no longer does. The bottom is very simular to a fairing I had long ago, can't remember the name, but it was made in England.

The company that placed the ebay ad deals in older parts, which gives possible support to my thinking that this is a older fairing...maybe late 80's , made in Europe but no longer being produceed.

Again, just my guess here. If you want something kinda simular, check out the fairings made by Rifle for cruisers.

KM

p.s. Of course you could always send an email to the seller and ask if he knows.................
Yeah I got the same email back from ebay.... anywho...thanks KM I will check them out.

·
Super Moderator
11,943 Posts
Yeah I got the same email back from ebay.... anywho...thanks KM I will check them out.
Well they do have an Ebay "store" with other items for sale. (see the vulcan saddlebags?)

But every time I click on the "contact us" link it goes nowhere. There is listing for a fax number.. 207-478-8884.
..but you should be able to contact them somehow given that they are still selling stuff on ebay.

By their listing I still kinda think they gave all the info they had on the fairing....
meaning they did not know the maker either.

KM

1 - 20 of 40 Posts