Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't get the Stebel Nautilus, but did buy Stebel's TM80 Magnums. They're rated the same (139 dB) but were much easier to find a spot to mount. They fit perfectly where the OEM horns were. I only had to modify my windshield mounts because the Magnums are thicker. I mounted the horn relay just above the fuse box under the left cover.

I haven't had to use them on a cager yet, but did scare the hell out of a cat. They are LOUD.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,865 Posts
Cool post,I like your information
I really like how your post is so specific in nature. I'm looking for my can opener right now Doug...

Oh and for those really intrested in this thread, did you see the review link I posted here:

http://tinyurl.com/5fk89t

Eggs , Eggs , Spam , and Eggs ??

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
After doing a bit of surfing to hear sound clips, I think I like the sound of the Magnum TM80/2s over the Nautilus -- more car-like and a bit less obnoxious.

Just to double-check though --

1) Are all Stebel Magnum horns TM80/2s? For example, these listed at Amazon.com (thru BikerHiway.com)?

2) Is the wiring kit needed the same as for the Nautilus? Amazon.com seems to suggest so, by adding that most people who buy this horn also get the Nautilus wiring kit...

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts