Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
tried to start the bike this morning, and had a hard time. it would turn over without any attempt to start couple of times (i always use almost full choke when starting). after third try i heard VERY loud pop (or more like a bang even). i shut off the ignition, stood there for a moment shocked and tried to sart it again. started right up as usual.

the bike has hot starting problem wich i will hopefully fix by relocating R/R today, my new Westco battery should be here today too.

any ideas what could be wrong?
_______
lots of info on this problem in the verses, reading them right now...

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Those are the clasic signs of a non maintenance free battery. Relocating the R/R will not help hot starting unless it helps keep the battery fully charged.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Gotta love those backfires! First time mine did that when I was trying to start it, I too had to pause in astonishment. Battery will fix it. Trust us.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
That backfire is a good wake up, First time Mine did it was in the garage at work, I am a Mechanic scared the S**t out of everybody, it echoed. Yes the battery will fix that, mine did.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, my new battery is already under the seat. sure enough the old one was only half full and guess where the missing liquid went. thats right! all over the place! :doh: Well, good to have this thing behind. the bike sarted much better.
and the back fire this morning was really loud and it dit echo:wow: :wow: . i think i saw the windows across the street shake (well it could my imagination...)
thanks, all !:smiley_th

·
Registered
226 Posts
The first bang that my bike made in my apartment occured just as some people were bringing their baby outside. The baby started to cry immediately upon the bang. Another time (I had a charging problem at this time) the bike gave an especially loud backfire. Across the street, a car alarm went off! But it works well now with no backfiring during starting attempts.

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts