Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
86 VN750 Stock On my way home I Lost a lot of power.... drove home 20+ miles (halved my fuel mileage). Next day it started up, ran rough...would not idle. Checked & cleaned Fuel cap... wants to start (firing) ...but unable to run. Lost spark on rear cylinder (Front ok).
Are there any things to check prior to coil replacement ?

This is a great site ! New to bikes. I have learned much by following threads and feel I am approaching the end of my fist semester of education ! LOL
Any/All help would be greatly appreciated.

BiL :doh:

·
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bad coil ?

86 VN750 Stock On my way home I Lost a lot of power.... drove home 20+ miles (halved my fuel mileage). Next day it started up, ran rough...would not idle. Checked & cleaned Fuel cap... Now, wants to start (firing) ...but unable to run. Lost spark on rear cylinder (Front ok).

This is a great site ! New to bikes. I have learned much by following threads and feel I am approaching the end of my first semester of education ! LOL

BiL :doh:

·
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad coil ?

86 VN750 Stock On my way home I Lost a lot of power.... drove home 20+ miles (halved my fuel mileage). Next day it started up, ran rough...would not idle. Checked & cleaned Fuel cap... Now, wants to start (firing) ...but unable to run. Lost spark on rear cylinder (Front ok).

This is a great site ! New to bikes. I have learned much by following threads and feel I am approaching the end of my first semester of education ! LOL

BiL Roamer :doh:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
When I got my bike the rear cylinder was dead or missfiring to say the least. It was a hairline crack in the plug wire cap. Wrapped it with electrical tape until I got the new cap in. Ran great. Thats was the rear left side plug. Worth a try.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Hi Bil. You've checked the power wires going to the coils right? The connector on mine was loose and came off. Lost rear spark. Good luck.
Dave.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
When I lost my rear cylinder it was a bad connection at the coil. Wiggled the wire problen solved.

·
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I got my bike the rear cylinder was dead or missfiring to say the least. It was a hairline crack in the plug wire cap. Wrapped it with electrical tape until I got the new cap in. Ran great. Thats was the rear left side plug. Worth a try.
Do some Auto Part stores carry the NGK wire caps !
I bought 2 from Maw Kaw 2 years ago @ $$$$ each.
tia
BiL Roamer :doh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts