Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah... the whole thing. It's probably somewhere along the highway right now :doh:

Had stopped by the DMV to pick up my new plate and registration, and when I opened the door to put the registration in there, I noticed that the plastic hinge that holds the door on had broke. So I put my papers in my pocket and hoped for the best on the ride home, guess I didn't make it.

So anyways, this got me thinking... instead of replacing just the door, what if I replaced the sissy bar and seat with just a solo seat? I've seen some of the great write-ups here of guys doing this, but I'm wondering if this is possible with just common tools? I don't have access to a welder, so custom fab work is out of the question. Any help?

If I can accomplish this, there will be a Corbin saddle for sale in the near future ;)

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Well if you wanted to get another door, you could just buy a used tool box/trunk off E-Bay. Then put some RTV Silicone on the nut that holds on the lock and for the hinge use a piece of Gorilla Tape. That's what I did. You would have to take the lock to a locksmith to get it repined for your key though.:smiley_th

1 - 2 of 2 Posts