Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
I didn’t end up buying it because a friend of mine found a fit in his bolt stash. I tried every bolt that I have that looked close to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool.

This is where a thread checker would come in really handy, meant to buy one but never did.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Cool.

This is where a thread checker would come in really handy, meant to buy one but never did.

Truly. I need that. I have a huge drawer full of bolts that I’m always digging through. I’m always shocked when I don’t find the one I need.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
That hole doesn't randomly eject antifreeze, it's a drain with a drain plug. It's there to get sediment out of the water pump.
This seems obvious to me now but at the time I was afraid It drained the coolant while I was riding. It started making sense when I drained the radiator and it was full. Always something nrw to learn.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
You can learn a lot just reading repair manuals, even if it's for something you don't own. I started doing that when I was a kid. By the time I got my first car at 15, I was swapping engines and transmissions.

Never owned a Rambler or Studebaker but I know about trunions.

That hole doesn't randomly eject antifreeze, it's a drain with a drain plug. It's there to get sediment out of the water pump.
I found out when I flushed my radiator and took out the two bolts on either cylinders. Then put in engine ice then realized I never opened that bottom water pump drain. I took bolt out and had to push a dowel up into it to clear out the sediment and let it run till It came out clear .lesson learned

41 - 44 of 44 Posts