Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my handle bars out and now I'm looking for a fresh pair (or at least a clutch side) stock grips. the old one have some road rash on it.
so if any one here has any laying around that they don't want, let me know.
thanks,
ruger.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've got both... somewhere I'll PM when I find them!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, did you ever find these? because I'm still in need of some nicer looking ones.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Just curious, why would you want OEM rubber grips when there are some really nice replacement grips out there. I put ISO Grips on, bought the ones that fit a Gold Wing since they are longer and allow me to use the Throttle Boss and still get my entire fist on the grip; these grips are really nice. The Mrs. liked them so much I put a set on her Sportster.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
cliff are those ISO grips as expensive as the Kurys, which I belive are~$75.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
The ISO grips are Kuryakan, I got mine from Powersports.com for $59.00. Got the Mrs. from the same place for $69 with the Throttle Boss.

If you buy them, I only had to glue the left side (used super glue gel); the right fits very tight on the throttle sleeve and does NOT need glue!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just curious, why would you want OEM rubber grips when there are some really nice replacement grips out there. I put ISO Grips on, bought the ones that fit a Gold Wing since they are longer and allow me to use the Throttle Boss and still get my entire fist on the grip; these grips are really nice. The Mrs. liked them so much I put a set on her Sportster.
well, first, I really like the stock grips. for me they're a very good size around. I'm not sure about after market grips, lots of people seem to really like them.
not sure if I would like the way they look and feel on the bike. so I'm going with what I know right now. who knows, maybe down the road I'll go with after market grips. I do like the looks of kuryakyn flame grips.

also I believe I can replace the old stock girps with a nicer pair of used stock grips for less $ than new or even a used pair of after market grips. so if I can't find any stock grips in good shape, I'll just have to spend the extra $ and go with the after market grips.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
You can have the set I took off my bike, just PM your address and I'll get them out to you - gratis! They are in pretty good shape, only about 8,000 miles on them; off a '93.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can have the set I took off my bike, just PM your address and I'll get them out to you - gratis! They are in pretty good shape, only about 8,000 miles on them; off a '93.
for free? couldn't be!

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Absolutely, just PM me your address then pay it forward when you can.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what do you mean by "pay it forward when you can"?

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Meaning, if you have something some else needs, send it to them. I was in a Golden Corral a couple months ago and a Soldier and his family was about to pay for dinner, the kids were in tears because he was going to Iraq. Apparently this was the family outting before he left. I told him to put his money away, this meal was on me, and thanked him for his Service to our Country. I could almost see my Mom smiling from heaven, she would be so pleased. That's paying it forward.

Anyway, I digress - The good deed you do today will come back to you one day 10-fold.

Watch the movie - Pay It Forward; it's a good movie! and send me your address!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will look that movie up. it sounds like something I could get into.
I'm not used to getting something for nothing. for me, I'm used to doing something for nothing. I don't mind doing something for someone else for free, I never feel right about taking something for nothing. I earn my keep.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Meaning, if you have something some else needs, send it to them. I was in a Golden Corral a couple months ago and a Soldier and his family was about to pay for dinner, the kids were in tears because he was going to Iraq. Apparently this was the family outting before he left. I told him to put his money away, this meal was on me, and thanked him for his Service to our Country. I could almost see my Mom smiling from heaven, she would be so pleased. That's paying it forward.

Anyway, I digress - The good deed you do today will come back to you one day 10-fold.

Watch the movie - Pay It Forward; it's a good movie! and send me your address!
wow! that was great of you! the world really needs more people like you!

also, thank you, for your service to our country too!

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Your welcome, I'm from a military family, my father served in World War II, I had a brother in the Korea Conflict, my 2 closest brothers and I joined in 1969 and I lost my best friend, my closest brother, Gary, who was KIA in Quang Nam, Viet Nam in 1969 at the age of 20. His name is etched on the back of my helmet for everyone to see and remember that we don't ride for free! I just joined Patriot Guard Riders, an awesome group and I'm waiting for my first mission with them.

You aren't getting these for nothing, you will help someone here someday, if you haven't already. For those of us who aren't an ace mechanic, having someone here help us is a godsend!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts