Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
I'm interested in buying another set of tins to paint them. I thought I had seen people with bikes they were parting out, but can't seem to find them.If you have a front fender, rear fender, side covers or tank you want to sell,let me know.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im bidding on a complete set of tins on ebay, from a salvage yard in Georgia, but Im still interested if anyone on here has some to sell.:smiley_th

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Folks
So far I have gotten the rear fender with tail light assembly, front fender and side covers, still looking for a gas tank. Anyone got one they want to part with? ........ Been pulling my hair out for the last week, trying to learn how to airbrush. My nephew was suppose to do this, but 2 hrs with the thing and he hasnt been back. One thing for sure, I know im not an artist LOL ... Ill get it though. At least Ill have used tins to ruin.:rockon:

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
Airbrush is HARD. Main reason I quit art school! I blew at it.

Doing OK with the rattlecans, though.

Spare tins rule. Best way to get them that I've found is eBay and Craigslist. Best if you do it in the winter. Right now prices are higher. I have 2 complete sets of tins and 3 tanks. Of course 2 of them leak... :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info..... Thats where I have gotten the rest of the tins (e-bay). I guess Ill find a tank there too. .... Yea im finding out about the airbrush.... Ive been following your journey ...Looks like your are doing a great job.:rockon::smiley_th:smiley_th

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
I actually just bought a Sharpe spray gun used for cheap this weekend. Going to finish the rattlecan project and then do my other set with the gun. I have no doubt that what I learned here will make the next ones turn out way better.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im sure it will, experience is a good teacher. Or in my case the lack of experience is a hard task master LOL

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
I've found I only really learn by making my own mistakes. You can tell me the right thing to do, but I won't really internalize it and KNOW it until I screw up the thing it applies to and then I'll remember. It's just how my brain is. I have to get hands on and mess it up. I can't just memorize rules.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea Me Too
Hands on. My biggest problem is I usally bite off way more than I can chew, rather than taking small bites. I want to learn to quickly, and expect to much out of myself, big mistake in most undertakings.:rockon:

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
My problem is wanting to start over at each mistake and fix it. Then I never get done. Had to finally accept the flaws in my rattlecan job and quit redoing everything to fix. There will be goofs and imperfections and so be it.

It will still look a million times better than the scratched and buggered 1992 factory paint did!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats the main thing. Get it looking better than what you had, put those tins on ... Ride it and do another set better. When you can spend more time on them...:smiley_th

1 - 13 of 13 Posts