Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I.T. Analyst, Alpha Geek
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a low profile, narrower seat. I have an 86 VN750 and the stock seat is too wide. It cuts off the circulation in my legs, and I'd rather sit a lot lower. Can't afford a Corbin or anything. Used would be fine. I don't mind doing some minor modifications like for the Mean Streak seat, but I don't have a welder. Thanks

Jason

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
You could modify your own seat. Strip the foam out from inside and line with thin layers of memory foam and recover. The seat pan isn't that wide, it's the stupid couch padding Kaw used that makes it wide. I had a corbin on my 750 and it was narrower, but not much. Corbin uses a thinner padding material and it made for a better ride, imo.

Just a thought anyways. If you mess up the pan, shouldn't be too hard to find a used stock seat on ebay for cheap.

·
I.T. Analyst, Alpha Geek
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'd do that if I could, but I don't have material or any experience with that kind of stuff, or a staple gun that will go through the plastic seat pan. Or the time to do it haha. Too many projects to finish already. :)

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Thanks. I'd do that if I could, but I don't have material or any experience with that kind of stuff, or a staple gun that will go through the plastic seat pan. Or the time to do it haha. Too many projects to finish already. :)
Got an upholstery shop nearby? Tell them what you want. It'd still be cheaper than buying a Corbin. I had contemplated recovering my stock seat before buying the Corbin. I was going to recover in leather and use the existing staple holes in the pan to run the stitch.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
You don't need a welder to swap for a mean streak seat and it will be lower, but it is a wider seat as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I.T. Analyst, Alpha Geek
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might bit the bullet and chop my seat up myself, just get the foam to fit right, then have someone like them cover it in gator. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I did mine myself. I posted pictures of it in other threads. Electric kitchen knives work great on the foam and I found my material at the local fabric store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts