Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding to work this morning and when parked noticed that the lid with lock was gone. Now trying to find replacement. Looked on eBay and there is only 1 full toolbox for sale with cover but it is in very poor condition. Any ideas where I can get a decent cover or perhaps brand new one? Please share online resources. Thanks!

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
The lid is often the failure point. I have a spare set, with lid, albiet it's not technically connected to the toolbox anymore. You can have it for free and just fabricate a hinge.

Otherwise it looks like eBay is indeed slim pickings right now. OEM is expensive, but available @ places like cheapcycleparts.com / partzilla.com

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
It'll fit in one of the USPS flat rate boxes. I'll check for you real fast. Probably the medium size.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
PM sent with pictures and details. It's just taking up space so happy to help.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Was riding to work this morning and when parked noticed that the lid with lock was gone. Now trying to find replacement. Looked on eBay and there is only 1 full toolbox for sale with cover but it is in very poor condition. Any ideas where I can get a decent cover or perhaps brand new one? Please share online resources. Thanks!
The lid is often the failure point. I have a spare set, with lid, albiet it's not technically connected to the toolbox anymore. You can have it for free and just fabricate a hinge.

Otherwise it looks like eBay is indeed slim pickings right now. OEM is expensive, but available @ places like cheapcycleparts.com / partzilla.com

Others have drilled small holes in lower part of the former box which is connected to the bike. Next, drill two small holes in the lid so they line up with the holes on the box. Use two small black zip ties to make a hinge. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts