Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a good stator grommet laying around they dont need? im moving the stator leads out on the outer cover and need a grommet to close up the open gap left behind.
rvt will work but i dont wanna have to do this twice
i tried emailing tim parrot like 4 times but no response thanks

i have some stock parts as well for sale

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I just warmed up my engine after cleaning that area, and siliconed it....a LOT cheeper....works just as well....

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I just warmed up my engine after cleaning that area, and siliconed it....a LOT cheeper....works just as well....
if not better... I had a slight leak at that same grommet, and then when I replaced my pickup coils I couldn't fish the wires through the holes.. so I RTVed the hell out of it... the leak has not shown its face since...

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
I've had better luck with RTV than grommets.

Warm it up, degrease the heck out of it. Wipe it all down with acetone a few times. Then use the super black oil resistant stuff. I took a minute to smooth my down all purty like.

My underside used to be filthy all the time. Now I don't get a bit of seepage (from that hole anyway lol)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've got a brand new grommet if you want it :)

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't need it, so it's yours... :)

Replied to your PM, just send me your address...

-- Matt

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Ya realize of course that if ya get Grommit...ya need to add Wallace as well...

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
All jokin aside Tofer....just clean yer surfaces...warm the engine up (a bernzomatic torch works too)....clean again, then apply an RTV sillycone....it will actually seal better than the stock item....at 1/4 the cost....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts