Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and are in need of a bigger seat for my 750. Just seems crowded on he original seat. Can anyone recommend a good replacement seat maybe with a link? Thanks so much

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Don't know your location, but this past week someone ... Shark88? .. posted a new-in-box Mustang seat that was on Craigslist in NJ, it's down in the Sell/Swap section maybe. $275 if I recall, worth it to me if I had the cash, that hump just kills me, need 6" shorter legs on me.

Do a search and you should find info about the .. Spencer? ... seat mods, a guy down in Florida that will modify your stock seat if you send it in. He's got a website, I looked it over last week too.

I don't think any company is selling a seat for our bike now. So it's either mods or picking up an aftermarket seat from an individual. Watch Ebay and the Sell/Swap section here too.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
A much cheaper solution is the vn 900 seat mod. $100 a few modifications and you got yourself more butt room and added comfort for passenger.

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
I think Corbin still makes Vulcan 750 seats.

The real problem here is any of the replacement seats made for the bike do nothing as far as adding more real estate for two up riding.

Your best bet to give both of you more room is to adapt a biggger seat to fit. There's a few threads on using bigger seats from other bikes you should look at.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
im in the same boat, id like more room for myself and was thinking of a 900 seat, but i want to retain my luggage rack i just got. any ideas

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Something like this maybe? 900 seat with an 1100 Honda backrest. Still have the luggage rack on the back, just have to support it a little differently.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have a 900 seat for sale in the classified section, and neither the mustang or the corbin will add passenger room, we just installed a mustang on my sons, no more room than before, Just like Chuck says, if you are hauling a passenger, she better be small or you will need to modify a 900 seat.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
The real problem here is any of the replacement seats made for the bike do nothing as far as adding more real estate for two up riding.
I respectfully disagree with that statement. The mustang seat I have actually adds to the passenger seat length and raises the front of the passenger seat so they don't feel like they are sliding forward all the time. It also provides the driver more lower back back support.

Granted it is only 2-3 inches extra for the passenger, but for smaller framed passengers, that might just be enough.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The one we stuck on my sons sure didnt, she better be 100 lbs or less lol, and the short backrest is idiotic to boot.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I just want a seat without the passenger seat on it. Anyone on here have something like that so I can see how it looks? Sorry to hijack lol

·
2,528 Posts
I have a Saddleman seat still for sale, I'm holding it for another member right now, but I'm not sure if he's still going to take it. Let me know if you're interested. It's the 2nd from the left. It does provide more padding than the stock seat for the passenger and its very comfortable for the rider too! I'm looking for $200

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I respectfully disagree with that statement. The mustang seat I have actually adds to the passenger seat length............
Well,,,, trying to figure this one out. The gas tank stays in place as well as the toolbox/seat support. So where does this overall length in into play?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Well,,,, trying to figure this one out. The gas tank stays in place as well as the toolbox/seat support. So where does this overall length in into play?
Look at the pictures man... its obvious... the stock seat slopes down from the passenger portion to the the driver seat. all the aftermarket ones raise the passenger up witch allows for 2-3" of length. also by going up, the back is moved slightly toward the rear because the backrest actually leans back at about 80 degrees (90 is straight up).

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Look at the pictures man... its obvious..................
Had one. Never saw anyone sit on the front portion of the seat, tail bone is in the rear. Just gives the passenger a more solid tail bone fill. As far as room, its still the same length front to rear. With a gas tank and the rear seat support, two bodies can only fit in there so much.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
I'll throw a vote in for Corbin! Great seat and and is not as wide as the Mustang or Saddleman. Adds more leg room for the driver; plus, you can have it customized anyway you want and it is still being sold. The Mustang is not and not sure about the Saddleman.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
I just want a seat without the passenger seat on it. Anyone on here have something like that so I can see how it looks? Sorry to hijack lol
Mine (meanstreak seat) isn't a true one up seat, but putting a passenger on it would be cruel and inhumane... The advantage to doing something like this is it gives you a much wider than stock seat and the tail on it hides a good portion of the front of the rear fender and wiring.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Had one. Never saw anyone sit on the front portion of the seat, tail bone is in the rear. Just gives the passenger a more solid tail bone fill. As far as room, its still the same length front to rear. With a gas tank and the rear seat support, two bodies can only fit in there so much.
Chuck, the overall footprint doesn't change, but the passenger area and the lower backrest of the driver section changes.
I was referring to the Mustnag seat (3rd from the left in photo above) compared to the stock seat (leftmost in photo above).

I also have the extended backrest on mine.

And...as I said, it may not help "bigger framed" people, but for me and the wife, it made a world of difference.
I am 5'11' 190lbs and she is 5'1" and under 100lbs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts