Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to order a new tender today. Any recommendations?

I saw the Battery Tender Plus for around $50.00. I was probably going to grab that, anything else before I throw down the cash?

Thanks!;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
consider an accumate. look at west battery site or search.
great write-ups in england under optima (sp?) brand.
local bike dealer raves for new battery types.
no personal experience.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got 2 from Harbor Freight get'em on sale for only about $4.00 US. Regularly around $8.

I've had mine for about 3 years with no problems. Other's have had issues. Hit and miss maybe? I was willing to take the $4 gamble.

·
Registered
169 Posts
DMAG said:
Really? Do you know what brand? Thx.
Not sure what the name is on the charger (seem's someone said Champion?) but head for the automotive section and check them out. I saw them here in our tiny town at Wal Mart so am pretty sure you'd find them where you live. They actually have a couple of different ones but the one I would have bought if I didn't already have one is the 1.2amp charger with float charge capability.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I picked up the BAttery Tender Jr for $19 last year online. No problems all winter, and bike started right up this past weekend. :)

I orginally had the one from Walmart, but took it back b/c I learned that the trickel charge was better on the Battery Tender Jr (its a slower trickel charge).

Dominic

·
Geek
872 Posts
I too used the Battery Tender JR over the winter. Started up last weekend with no problem.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I picked up this Black & Decker "Smart" Battery Charger from Wal-mart for around $25.00 this past weekend.

• 2-stage high-efficiency charging technology provides a faster, safer charge tan older type conventional chargers. Charges with high efficiency pure DC current.
  • Keeps stand-by batteries fully charged
  • Automatically swithces from full-top charge to float mode monitoring. Charges automatically.
  • Quick Disconnect Harness - Fast connects for hardwire ring terminals, battery clips or cigarette-type plug
  • Charging Indicators Red LED - Bad connection, battery not able to accept charge, reverse polarity hook up. Yellow LED - Hooked up correctly and charging. Green LED - Fully charged.
  • All solid state circuitry
  • UL listed
  • 5 Year Limited Warrenty
  • Includes Multi-use 3 connector set - Battery clips, Accessory plug, and Battery Ring Terminal

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Bought the Walmart Battery Tender for $18 and it works great and
looks like quality gear.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Went down to Harbor Freight Tools and found a 12 volt, Automatic
Battery Float Charger for a regular price of 8.97 Unit #42292

The instructions say it provides a continuous 13.5 volts output, but
I would think since it is a FLOAT charger that it would turn off when
the battery is fully charged because there is a red light on the unit
(haven't used it yet)
Will keep the board posed as to how well it works.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I recently picked up the Battery Tender Plus for $40.00
I choose to go with it over other units mostly because
it came with a 10 year warrantee compared to most others I looked
at that only came with a 3 year.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
bilyum said:
what store sells the B&D charger??
DMAG got his at Wal~Mart, but they're also available at AMAZON.COM for about the same price w/ free shipping.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Hey, just have to post in this thread... bought my second Battery Tender Jr. ( did not fry one, more than one bike ) went to thier web site to get accesories. If you have one of thier chagers... try thier customer service! You have to try them to see what I mean!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts