Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a difficult time trying to find a warm, insulated
mc boot, would like to have it at least water resistant also or
even better yet waterproof. Any recommendations?

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
i got some good work boots. got them a size larger and wear a wool outter sock. i find that works better and was much cheaper.

forgot to mention, i sealed them with a slicone water repellant kinda like scotch gaurd, but better. also on my last pair i used bee's wax treatment for boots too

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I work in a frozen food factory & managed to get a pair of leather coldstore boots off them at a discounted price. They are about 13 inches high & are lined with fur, also have steel toecaps. There are no zips or buckles or anything so they keep me totally warm & dry. I keep plenty of Nikwax polish on them. Rode 130 miles in France a month ago in torrential rain & they didn't leak at all.
If I remember correctly, when I was visiting a buddy in the USA last year I saw a similar pair in a Payless Shoesource shop & they were called something like "Rigger" Boots if I remember correctly.
May be worth a look & i'd certainly recommend them. :beerchug:
Ernie.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
One thing I'd say to watch out for, as far as waterproof, is boots that say 'waterproof' but just have a plastic inner liner. They don't let your feet breath, resulting in sweat drenched feet. So what goods that ! They are usually the cheaper waterproof boots.
I'd bought a pair of military gore-tex liners from Sportsmans Guide years ago to use when dirtbikin'. They've held up great and keep my feet completely dry (unless I'd get into water over the top of the riding boots)
2 pair for less than $20. :smiley_th
They have all kinds of boots to choose from too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts