Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Why would you hesitate to tell us? The 87/88 Magnas have been generally regarded as very well designed bike.

r

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
I would love to have that Magna sittin next to my VN!

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Here are some pics. I still don't know the model.

At 65 this thing is just going to trotting mode.

The magna just felt a bit over the top. There are a few of them to pic from here in the area.

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
Looks like a sabre to me, looks pretty good!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
wow that bike looks pimpalicious!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
NR, I believe you did well, sharp bike...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey you took the spot light off of me!!! LOL.... That's great, congretulations.

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
The Magna you listed is of course Honda's 2nd-generation Magna. The sharply-raked exhaust pipes are sexy, but this configuration obviously makes saddlebags almost (or completely) impossible.

Not many of these Magnas were made, and Honda worked out the camshaft bearing oil pressure problems of the earlier Magnas on this model, so its engine is a more reliable design compared to its predecessors.

It may be that one day these 2nd-gen Magnas are collectibles. I think that some parts for these bikes may be getting (or are already) difficult to find, too.

Anyway, I think your choice of the Shadow Sabre was a much more practical choice, compared to the other options.

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
Niterider, there is nothing wrong with that bike AT ALL!
Except, maybe, that it's yours and not mine. :(

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
No way man! I like your price and the bike you bought is well known..it looks brand new. I only hope i can get the use out of it like you will.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Your too cool man. I have leave (vacation) time 22aug to 29 aug...i was planning on doing the palo duro canyon ..i wonder if your on the way?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts