Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My patience and twice daily nationwide search of craig's list finally paid off...
One Mustang Seat AND an Airhawk pad as a bonus. $200 This thing looks new.:wow:
Real nice 60 year old gentleman who sold his 750 after four years of riding but kept the seat to sell separately....
TO ME!!!
How thrilled do you think I am right now??? :rockon: :smiley_th :pepper:

I guess I'll have to take new pics and change the sig.
Now, that's how I roll!
-

·
Registered
363 Posts
:blah::blah::blah:
i hope it gives you a big blister and u cant sit down for a week
:blah::blah::blah:

JUST KIDDING
that is a rare and good find , hope you have many comfortable miles on it .
:smiley_th:rockon::beerchug:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Looks like it's in great shape too.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Lucky you. And I am still waiting to get mine.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Good buy, msh. Patience pays after all, doesn't it!

·
D2u
175 Posts
Nice buy! Enjoy:rockon:

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Lucky you. And I am still waiting to get mine.
Maybe if you beg and grovel a lot, msh1156 will sell you his modified stock seat. Or, he may find that his rear end and the Mustang don't fit as well as he'd hoped, and he'll sell it to you for some exorbitant sum! Roll On! :lockd:

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice find.
And didn't you just sent your stock seat out for some "up-grades"?
Yes.. I did. And not an hour after the UPS man picked it up this sweetheart of a deal appeared on my screen. No way I was going to pass it up.

My plan is to keep my promise and provide a review on Spencer's work when the stock seat returns from Florida in about a week or so. I think there are a lot of VN750 members who'd like to know if it makes enough of a difference.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yep - you've got an option to sell whichever one is not the most to your liking. Not a bad place to be.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Nice find indeed, and a great deal to boot!! :smiley_th :smiley_th :smiley_th

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good find on your seat. How do you do a nationwide search on craigslist? I didn't see a option for searching nationwide but it's probably under my nose.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Good find on your seat. How do you do a nationwide search on craigslist? I didn't see a option for searching nationwide but it's probably under my nose.
Me too!

·
Addicted to Projects
545 Posts
Sweet. Great find!

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
2 hour rides on the stock seat? Torture.

12+ hour rides on the Mustang? Bliss!

Grats.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Nice find my friend! That seat and cushion combo looks like it might lift up even a heavyweight like me, enough to be more comfortable on the smallish frame of the 750. Enjoy the ride.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Nice find... persistence paid off.

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
Yep - you've got an option to sell whichever one is not the most to your liking. Not a bad place to be.
+1 on that.

I think I should mention that many here seem to hold the Mustang up as some kind of Uber-seat for the bike , when I do know of several folks that did not like the Mustang at all. (You can count me as one of them) Some actualy hated the thing. Some of them ended up with a Corbin like me, others found the Saddleman to be the the ticket. Some ended up keeping the Mustang (cause they spent the money on the damn thing) and then tossed an Airhawk pad on it. (which they could have done for the stock seat) Kinda sounds like what the seller of msh's seat did themselves.

My point here it you can't really tell what your butt will be happy with until you try it out. Having two different ones to try out is , as skalding wrote "Not a bad place to be.."

This also reminds me to mention the 750 Gathering in August at KY lake. Where one can have the chance to try out any seat that ends up coming. (Not sure about the wording of that...lol )

KM

1 - 20 of 27 Posts