Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,307 Posts
You can get AAA Classic for under $30.00 a year. They provide free towing, delivery of fuel, and a few other “roadside assistance” things like flat tire changing. Most regular insurance companies offer these as well, so there’s no good reason to be a AAA member if your insurance company provides these services. AAA will however post up to a $1000 Bond if you’re arrested for some traffic violation (other than DWI)
I’ve saved quite a bit of money being an AARP member however, mostly in motel/hotel discounts.
So wouldn’t say either are expensive, keeping in mind any type of insurance is just you trying to cover something that might not ever happen.

As for the avatar...
Face Eyelash Jaw Gesture Dress

She’s just another hot chick with a Katana I met online.

·
Registered
10,338 Posts
AAA used to be popular when our only DMV was in the State Capitol building. People would use AAA to do the title and license transfer, walk out with a legal registration (a receipt) instead of waiting two weeks or driving 140 miles to stand in line all day.

Notary publics could do the same thing, and the fees were lower. Also no waiting in line at the notary's house.

Our DMV got a lot better but they lost it all with pandemic rules. Visit by appointment only, weeks long waiting list.

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
I pay around $120 a year to cover 2 cars and the bike. If I never used them I may think that’s a little much but I’ve needed them a few times.

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
You can get AAA Classic for under $30.00 a year. They provide free towing, delivery of fuel, and a few other “roadside assistance” things like flat tire changing. Most regular insurance companies offer these as well, so there’s no good reason to be a AAA member if your insurance company provides these services. AAA will however post up to a $1000 Bond if you’re arrested for some traffic violation (other than DWI)
I’ve saved quite a bit of money being an AARP member however, mostly in motel/hotel discounts.
So wouldn’t say either are expensive, keeping in mind any type of insurance is just you trying to cover something that might not ever happen.

As for the avatar... View attachment 54951

She’s just another hot chick with a Katana I met online.

Heavy sarcastic tone follows: Whoa, now, sir. It's 2022, sir! We can never be sure if this site is being visited by Karens in disguise or other such snowflakes.

I believe your meant to say "She's another woman who may or may not possess physical attributes that may or may not be considered attractive to anybody or nobody on this planet or possibly in the entire universe."
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Seriously, though.... this is where the world is right now. Wish I'd been born in the fifties or sixties.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My daily riders are 81 and 83 Honda GL's. AAA is a good idea relying on 40 year old vehicles hundreds of miles from home even if they are Hondas. 🙄

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
My daily riders are 81 and 83 Honda GL's. AAA is a good idea relying on 40 year old vehicles hundreds of miles from home even if they are Hondas. 🙄
I'm always eager for sound advice, so I'll have a look at what they offer. Thanks for the suggestions!

I've had two Hondas, an '05 Shadow and an '86 Twinstar. The Twinstar was a fun little bike!

·
Registered
863 Posts
That's awesome. Where'd you go in TN? And the mountains miss you as well, my friend. Come on down and see us!

Or, as us locals like to say...

Y'all come on back now, y'hear!
The destination was the Tail of the Dragon (rode it down and back). We stayed in a motorcycle lodge in Telico Plains (Highly recommended!) After that, we swung by Gatlinburg and it was that stretch that we did a bunch of coasting. We turned back northwest and holed up in Knoxville that night. In all, it was a 5 day trip coming from central IL. I live in northern IL, but the other 3 live in central, so I went down the night before and stayed with them.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yes, chrome side covers were available on a few models...I forget which years. Very desirable and not easy to find now....
When I sold my '89 for parts, I swapped the covers from my '05 (which were black). So a part of my '89 lives on. Well, I also swapped the front wheel because the tire was almost new.

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
The destination was the Tail of the Dragon (rode it down and back). We stayed in a motorcycle lodge in Telico Plains (Highly recommended!) After that, we swung by Gatlinburg and it was that stretch that we did a bunch of coasting. We turned back northwest and holed up in Knoxville that night. In all, it was a 5 day trip coming from central IL. I live in northern IL, but the other 3 live in central, so I went down the night before and stayed with them.
I live about thirty minutes or so from the TOTD. You'll have to let me know when you come down again! I've heard of the Telico Plains lodge, but never been.

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
“Seriously, though.... this is where the world is right now. Wish I'd been born in the fifties or sixties”

I WAS born in the fifties. Which also means I’m old now so I don’t give a crap who gets offended by stuff I say 😉
Okay, Boomer. 🤣

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
“Seriously, though.... this is where the world is right now. Wish I'd been born in the fifties or sixties”

I WAS born in the fifties. Which also means I’m old now so I don’t give a crap who gets offended by stuff I say 😉
At 46, I think I’m the embodiment of Gen X lol, I’m a lot younger than my siblings who are boomers. I was raised by old-schoolers. So I have some old ideals I guess. The only time I “watch what I say” is in situations that a misstep could cause paychecks to cease. Other than that I could care less. I generally don’t attack anyone unless they take the first shot then game on.

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
At 46, I think I’m the embodiment of Gen X lol, I’m a lot younger than my siblings who are boomers. I was raised by old-schoolers. So I have some old ideals I guess. The only time I “watch what I say” is in situations that a misstep could cause paychecks to cease. Other than that I could care less. I generally don’t attack anyone unless they take the first shot then game on.
Yeah, we're the Gen-X'rs. I'm the oldest, but I do have older cousins that I hung around with when I was a kid. I definitely retain some old school type qualities. I won't directly voice my opinion here, because it's not the place to do so, but I do believe we live in a society that is degenerating at an exponentially dangerous rate.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The Internet, social media, instant messaging has brought out the worst in humanity. We'd be better off, and more civilized without it.

If it's possible to block users on this forum, I would use that feature.

·
Registered
10,338 Posts
The Internet, social media, instant messaging has brought out the worst in humanity. We'd be better off, and more civilized without it.

If it's possible to block users on this forum, I would use that feature.
It is possible to block users, I saw the ignore button somewhere the other day. In the person's profile maybe?

Yep, just click their avatar, click on the three dots that pop up on the far right of the avatar. Then click "Ignore".

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
It is possible to block users, I saw the ignore button somewhere the other day. In the person's profile maybe?

Yep, just click their avatar, click on the three dots that pop up on the far right of the avatar. Then click "Ignore".
Yep, right next to 'Follow'. However, ignore is different than block.
Ignore means you won't receive notifications when that specific person posts. But, you would still see their replies in threads if you stumbled across them.

Block means they would be entirely invisible to you.

·
Registered
10,338 Posts
Yep, right next to 'Follow'. However, ignore is different than block.
Ignore means you won't receive notifications when that specific person posts. But, you would still see their replies in threads if you stumbled across them.

Block means they would be entirely invisible to you.
On the former site ignore would hide their posts.

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
You're right. But it's still not "blocking". Here's what I mean: I picked a random member and opened up a previous thread where this member had posted several times. Then, I "ignored" them. This is the result:

Font Screenshot Multimedia Software Darkness

As you can see, that profile still shows up in a thread when they post, and the comment is simply hidden.

Blocking would make a person completely invisible to another member. So, if they were blocked and posted in a thread, you'd never know it. Additionally, if they were quoted by others, you'd not see that either, unless someone posted a screenshot that contained that person, like I've done here. A blocked member completely excludes them from the view of the blocker. Whether or not this forum has this feature isn't known by me. I see no active option for it, but it may exist and not be enabled.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts