Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
I have an 05, the side covers are black. I saw the chrome on earlier bikes. Is the coating on those different from the air box chrome? I ask because that and the “chrome” overflow bottle cover I have both bubbled. I bought a new pair of air boxes from another member (name escapes me) and I’m thinking about using the other pair to experiment with a different look. Not quite sure what yet though.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
I honestly don't know, but your bottle cover isn't very old is it? One of the small heat shields on top of head on mine has a bubble across the top. Not a real heat shield, just a plastic trim.

There's a process to spray chrome on plastic, I looked into it a few years ago, pretty amazing process and results. Literally a couple of minutes spraying, a rinse and it's done. There's some shops that will spray whatever you send them.

I'm about to try hydro dipping, going to order a tank ($25 swimming pool) as soon I get the shop ready. They have a chrome hydrodip film but I have no idea what the results look like. Going to do Fall camo on my atv. Then maybe some guns, helmets, who knows.
Interested to see the results

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
“Seriously, though.... this is where the world is right now. Wish I'd been born in the fifties or sixties”

I WAS born in the fifties. Which also means I’m old now so I don’t give a crap who gets offended by stuff I say 😉
At 46, I think I’m the embodiment of Gen X lol, I’m a lot younger than my siblings who are boomers. I was raised by old-schoolers. So I have some old ideals I guess. The only time I “watch what I say” is in situations that a misstep could cause paychecks to cease. Other than that I could care less. I generally don’t attack anyone unless they take the first shot then game on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts