Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Dave
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here,

Took my new to me bike out for the first ride last night and wife went along. When we came back she asked if there were longer pegs available for the back. Her foot rest best on the end of the stock pegs.

Thanks,
dave

2006 VN750

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Nothing aftermarket that I'm aware of. Think you'd need to find some longer pegs off another bike and mod them to fit, or fabricate extensions on the existing pegs.

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Some people on here say that the VN750 is not a good passenger carrying bike. I think I have to kinda disagree, it depends on the passenger, size, height, weight, etc..
My sister is a really short girl, maybe 5'2 or so, she's ridden on the back of my bike many times and loved it. I also have a friend, who is a pretty short girl too, and she likes riding too.

Now that i have the Knifemaker Floorboards for myself and my passenger, they like riding even more, they love the floorboards.
And you can always mod them to make them longer and wider if you have access to the right tools and shop.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
VN800, pegs only... no need to modify.. just remove the pins that hold the pegs to the mounting brakets, then swap pegs... takes all of five minutes... I personally like the looks of round pegs, so I did this to my VN750 a few weeks ago (while trying to make my forward controls, which I will be finishing up next week some time).

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
VN800, pegs only... no need to modify.. just remove the pins that hold the pegs to the mounting brakets, then swap pegs... takes all of five minutes... I personally like the looks of round pegs, so I did this to my VN750 a few weeks ago (while trying to make my forward controls, which I will be finishing up next week some time).
Have a towel or something similar beneath the peg when removing it from the bracket, to catch a small spring and ball bearing waiting to fly out when released from pressure. They act as a retainer to hold the peg when it is folded up.

·
Dave
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey thanks Slim and Gordon! If they are an inch or two longer that will work.

Now to find someone parting out a VN800............

dave

UPDATE! Ebay has 3 or 4 listing for these! Do you guys know if any year VN800 pegs will fit my 06 VN750?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I got a set of Keryakin pegs for mine. Had to find the closest match to the stock mounting bracket and they offer extentions to make them longer. A bit pricy but look good. Have pics on profile.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Hey thanks Slim and Gordon! If they are an inch or two longer that will work.

Now to find someone parting out a VN800............

dave

UPDATE! Ebay has 3 or 4 listing for these! Do you guys know if any year VN800 pegs will fit my 06 VN750?
any year should work... I have no clue what year mine were from... Use the front pegs as they are longer than the rear pegs.

·
Dave
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any year should work... I have no clue what year mine were from... Use the front pegs as they are longer than the rear pegs.
Well,
There are less of them (front pegs) on ebay and they seem to come with the shifter, mounts, etc. which makes them much more.

Would you be able to measure yours sometime from the hole center to end and let me know what that dimension is?

THANKS SLIMVULCANRIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beerchug: Where you located in Upstate?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Depending on what a used set of VN800 pegs cost, I believe I paid $65 for a new set of keryakin pegs and the extentions aren't much. Just order ones for an 800 Vulcan and you will have the right size. The Kerys come in different sizes and lengths also so maybe you won't need the extentions. I got the longer ones on mine and none of my passangers complain and I take long trips. lol

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Well,
There are less of them (front pegs) on ebay and they seem to come with the shifter, mounts, etc. which makes them much more.

Would you be able to measure yours sometime from the hole center to end and let me know what that dimension is?

THANKS SLIMVULCANRIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beerchug: Where you located in Upstate?
I am located in Gouverneur, I'll get the measurements for you in the morning.

·
Dave
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Slimvulcanrider!

I working a deal on ebay right now for a pair! This is a great site and a bunch of helpful folks I tell you.......:smiley_th

dave

I get up to Watertown on occasion to see a customer (Car Freshner Corp). I fly my Comanche into Watertown. Takes an 1:40 each way. Beats driving but maybe not by VN750, well...........

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
how far from Baltimore are you? I have a friend who lives in Baltimore on the week ends and he is wanting me to come down next week end with him. I will be trailering the Vn down there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts