Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
outboardbill
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month the back cylinder on my 03 750 began to starve for gas. I removed the carbs and found a clogged idle tube. I put everything back together and both cylinders run fine once it warms up. That brings me to a new problem; warm up takes forever even on a warm day. When everything was right I could give the engine partial choke and start riding. Now all it does is starve for gas with the slightest throttle action until the temperature goes to fully warm. Then the only other running issue is an occasional flat spot between 2500 and 3000 rpm while accellerating. The bike has been marbled, the idle adjustment plugs removed, and it has vance and hine pipes. Is there something wrong with the choke? It is connected and seems to be moving correctly. What else could have gone wrong with the carb job? I need help, I want to ride, but my bike won't let me! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
You may need to remove the carbs again and take them apart for cleaning. It sounds like the choke isn't really richening up the idle mixture like it should. You should get a pretty hefty RPM increase with full choke with the idle at around 3000 RPM and backing down as you close the choke. If not, something else is going on.
You could also try Seafoam before tearing into the carbs and see if that works. Many here have cured their carb problems with Seafoam. I'm not one of them but I still use it as a maintenance additive to keep the carbs clean 'cause removing them and reinstalling them is a pain I can do without.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts