Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ... I'm looking to change the carbs on my bike but my mechanic is going to charge me close to $500 total. Is there anyone around the New York City area that would be willing to show me how to properly do this? I'm located about 45 minutes East of the city, in Suffolk County. I'll pay for travel and beer, and whatever else. It beats $500.

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Hi Vulcanpower, welcome to the forum and it's nice to have another member here from Long Island. I'm in Nassau County. Sorry I can't help you with the carbs because I've never done it myself but I am unclear. The $500 is for the labor and new carbs or rebuilding the ones you have? What I can do is give you the number of a guy in Island Park (near Long Beach) and you can check to see what he wants to do the job. Send me a PM if you're interested.

When you get the bike fixed up and the weather finally warms up I'll look forward to meeting up with you at Oak Beach some Sunday morning. In case you don't know, every nice Sunday morning between sunrise and 11AM there is a gathering of bikes and cars in the parking lot. If you've never seen it, it's a happening.

Good luck and again welcome. :beerchug:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts