Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long Island Vulcan 750

The first Vulcan I saw this weekend was on I-495 West at 3pm ish. It was a good looking stock teal 750.

I give you a lot of credit for riding in Long Island, those people are terrible drivers! 70-80 mph with no more than 10 feet between cars and they only drive in the left hand lane. For a state where cell phones are illegal for the driver, i don't think i saw a driver without one.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I agree! Whenever I'm on the LIE, I stick to the HOV lane...not as much of an issue with someone merging into you. Also, I have yet to drive 30 seconds without seeing someone on a cell phone....my biggest pet peeve with NY drivers!

I have a teal 750 on Long Island, but it wasn't me!

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Cell phones are illegal? Or just handsets?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The driver using a handheld cell phones is ilegal, yes they can use a headset. I love the ones that hold the speakerphone infront of them when they drive.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I actually answered the cell phone while on the bike one day...it was the wife...she freaked. I honestly wasn't even thinking when I did it (obviously)

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
I've used a headset on the bike, mostly for the built-in mp3 player, but I have answered calls this way(stopped). I've often wondered if a full face helmet would allow me to actually communicate while riding. Anyone tried this?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
With the Chatterbox communicator I have, you can hook a cell phone up to it. The only trouble is, even with a full face helmet on, around 50-60mph, ya start getting alot of wind noise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I drive the LIE every day there is not ice or frost on the road and the hardest thing to avoid is people pulling into the HOV lane without looking then getting pissed when I beep them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts