Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. I am planning on adding some running lights that are led lights. I also plan on replacing the taillight with an led so i will be able to get more out of my charging system to install a 20w lightbar. I've read I would need a load equalizer since the led lights do not require as much amperage. Anyone familiar with adding led lights and how do you install the load equalizer? thanks for the input.:confused:

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
The load Equilizer is if you are going to change your turn signals to LED. Otherwise they would flash very fast. I believe it is a stage of resistors to trick your flasher to see the same load as if it were a normal bulb.
I hope this helps.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
You would be better off using a heavy duty flasher. load equilizers are as mentioned by Ccspinner. Issue is though that they burn some juice as heat to make the flasher think that the regular light bulb is in there. In effect you have no electrical gain from using these.

Now a heavy duty flasher will flash the same rate regardless of power draw. Hope that helps!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts