Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you take the first, and only, left turn on the route you get onto a 12 mile black top. This is the exciting part. The quality of the pavement is ROUGH! But the ride is awesome. Steep grades, tight turns, a section I call the roller coaster, if you are confident, take this road. Take the next left, down a steeeeep hill and you arrive at the swimming hole.

We had a great time jumping off the rock on the far side(with some help from the locals who showed us were to land). The water was, as Terry put it, "Titanic water". That means cooolllllddd. I went first off the top rock, then taped Terry and Randy as they jumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0cDHM5a0BI

After a few good jumps, Randy decided to tell us his clutch cable had broken! great. But with a little red neck engineering and a screw from a local named Scott, we got it working. Used a beer can and a screw to wedge the cable end. Presto. Lets ride.

We were very hungry now and came up on this place is Sand Mountain(I think).

Fantastic food and people. The worlds best banana pudding.

The last stop of the day was about 20 miles away in Geraldine, Alabama. This is were High River Falls park is. The most impressive falls of the day.

There is a natural bridge there. Verry nice. Again , the water was raging, spray filling the air. The locals here actually climb out on the bridge and jump off the end. Hmmmmmmm... maybe next time.

Then we headed home. what a perfect day of adventure. Good riding, good people, a little hardship and great food. gotta do that again.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Very nice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts