Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

I thought of posting the list of mods done and to be done to my Vulcan before the Nibiru (planet X) comes :p

89` Vulcan 750 a.k.a "HellRaiser" U.S. model
Stainless Straight Pipes (unknown brand)
Chrome Air Cleaner Covers
Chrome Oil Reservoir Cover
Jardine extended sissy bar
Puig Fly Screen
Leather Tank Bra + Guns `N' Roses copper badge
Highway Hawk Eagle Head Fender Ornament with Light
Highway Hawk Skull Head Top Head Ornament with Light
Highway Hawk Screaming Eagle Chrome Brake Reservoir Top Cover
Chrome Oil top cap
Rear Fender Extender with Skull and Light (done by moi :)
Chrome covers for High Tension Leads
Front Headlight Eyebrow
Extra Highway Hawk Bullet low side Brake Light
Leather Front tool bag
Leather Saddle bags with Fringes
Stainless Engine Bar + Spotlights
Rotating/Flashing LED brake lights
K&N Air Filters
TOC`s Mccts
Rectifier Moved
Volt Meter
SplitFire Blue High Tension Leads
Yuasa Maintenance Free Battery

& More mods to be done

Vacuum gauge
15" Ape Hangers
Rectifier cooling fan with ignition
Lowered Seat (as low as it can go)
Forward controls "Universal so need to be fitted"
Harley Davidson rear brake light Skull Cover

As you can see I`ve got the mod bug too :)

any more ideas?
Al

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
:worthless

Suspension upgrades? Stainless steel brake lines?

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
^ LMAO!!! That's really funny!

This lady didn't feel stupid after killing and eating her puppies for no reason? How does that happen? She's a total quack and has groups of people following her. Know what she was in '97? Wrong. Guess what she was in '03? Wrong. Guess what she'll be in 2012? FREEKIN' WRONG!!

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Check it out. We better get a couple more rides in! lol

Nibiru, Planet X
Thanks for the best laugh I've had all day! I love how she predicted this Nibiru would destroy the Earth in 2003. Um, oops, meant 2012. Two years from now it'll be Um, oops, meant 2022.

Just off the top of my head:

Jehova's Witness cult said Christ would return and end the world - in 1914. Oops.

Comet Kohoutek in 1973 was fearmongered as a harbinger of Christ's return, start of the apocolypse, etc. So, the world ended in the early 1970's.

In the early 1980's a lot of planets were on one side of the sun. Their combined gravitaiton pull (or so the doomsayers said) ripped the Earth apart and sent chunks of broken planet into interstellar space. Hmmm.

Some guy went around selling a book "88 reasons Christ will return in 1988". Wait, didn't he already come in 1914?

Nostradamous predicted the end of the world, it happened in 1999.

Y2K, all computers failed, the remenants of humanity are now living as hunter-gatherers amid the ruins of a fallen technological society. You noticed that, right?

The secret planet Nibaru passed by the Earth in 2003, shifting the Earth's axis and destroying most life on earth.

And now...

The Mayan calendar resets in 2012, so the world will end.
Nibaru passes Earth (again?) in 2012, so the world will end.

This needs much further discussion. Let's talk about it in 2013. We'll still be here.

(Why don't the nutjobs ever say, "I have studied the ancient scrolls, and have pinpointed the end of the world. It will be... last week.")

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Most Christians believe Jesus' words in Matthew 24:36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven nor the Son, but only the Father."

Since Christ indicated folks wouldn't know when to expect Him, why believe nut jobs who say they do?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey...
Knifemaker I will post some photos as soon as possible i.e. (lately am not much on the net) ...LibertyPilot I am from Malta (Europe)...or as they say, the other side of the pond hehe... EQ always thought the soft suspension the bike has is perfect for the uneven/bad roads here...speaking of planets..its like driving on the moon here :), the front brakes are fine, only the rear brake i find weak....there should`ve been a disc brake there too ehh but it`s an 80`s scoot hehe :)...to all, thanks for the replies.....p.s. and don`t bother about the Nibiru and end of world thing......my Vulcan will be flying before that happens :p

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Most Christians believe Jesus' words in Matthew 24:36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven nor the Son, but only the Father."

Since Christ indicated folks wouldn't know when to expect Him, why believe nut jobs who say they do?
best answer I've seen :smiley_th

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Hey...
Knifemaker I will post some photos as soon as possible i.e. (lately am not much on the net) ...LibertyPilot I am from Malta (Europe)...or as they say, the other side of the pond hehe... EQ always thought the soft suspension the bike has is perfect for the uneven/bad roads here...speaking of planets..its like driving on the moon here :), the front brakes are fine, only the rear brake i find weak....there should`ve been a disc brake there too ehh but it`s an 80`s scoot hehe :)...to all, thanks for the replies.....p.s. and don`t bother about the Nibiru and end of world thing......my Vulcan will be flying before that happens :p
When you pull the rear wheel off for a tire replacement and/or spline lube, check and clean the rear brake mechanism and check for brake shoe wear or contamination. One member reported the pivot pin for actuating the brake shoes was nearly seized in place by dried up grease and dirt. A good cleaning and lube job freed it up, and the rear brake works much better.

Remember that you don`t want an overly powerful rear brake that is too easy to lock up anyway. Releasing a sliding rear tire is an invitation to a highside crash.:( Be careful with the brakes, and get some low speed practice with maximum effort braking/stopping.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I must apollagize. I didnt mean for this kind of on goings to come of this. Some times we just get carried on the silly. I totally didnt mean to enduce a thread hijack. But exellent on the mods & I must say... we would love to see pics!

·
Sparky!!!
8,696 Posts
Hi to all,

I thought of posting the list of mods done and to be done to my Vulcan before the Nibiru (planet X) comes :p

89` Vulcan 750 a.k.a "HellRaiser" U.S. model
Stainless Straight Pipes (unknown brand)
Chrome Air Cleaner Covers
Chrome Oil Reservoir Cover
Jardine extended sissy bar
Puig Fly Screen
Leather Tank Bra + Guns `N' Roses copper badge
ECT. ECT
Al
Oil Reservoir? Our bikes have one of these... I really need to see a pic of this, i want one now... and I thought I had every thing on my bike.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
LibertyPilot I am from Malta (Europe)...or as they say, the other side of the pond hehe
You're in the nice pond though, the Mediterranean. I've been to Montpellier several times. Never been to Malta but I understand your Grand Harbour and Valetta Waterfront are really something. Ever do any riding in those areas?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, this thread got more and more interesting.....so
@ Olhosscanada, I will look into the rear brakes, I changed the rear shoes last year but I will check further into it..... I also have to set up the brake lever better though that`s for sure.
@ Kanuck69, its ok, I always take these things with a pinch of salt, but I am always interested as these things are from where science fiction movies originate, remember Armageddon movie :).
@Slimvulcan By Oil Reservoir I meant Master Cylinder, but I couldn`t remember its name when I was posting the first time.....guess too much booze in my days killed too many brain memory cells. (sometimes I forget where I park my bike :p)
@ LibertyPond I do go sometimes but very rarely....fantastic views though, have to carry my Camera along with me and start photographing the places I go to......Golden Bay is where I usually head to, as it`s like the holy place for us bikers especially on a nice Sunday morning.....its the re-union of the brothers, hundreds of bikers, hundreds of different shiny bikes with their different engines and their roars. were all in heaven :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
the earth as we know it will come to an end. I heard that in 1999. So we must be all dead then.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
hey, this thread got more and more interesting.....so
@ olhosscanada, i will look into the rear brakes, i changed the rear shoes last year but i will check further into it..... i also have to set up the brake lever better though that`s for sure.

I never even thought about the adjustment of the rear brake cam lever when I wrote the first post. But the angle between the cam lever and the small pull rod attached to it needs to be between 80-90* with the brake applied, for maximum efficiency. If the angle is greater than 90* you lose leverage on the brake.

You should also double check the adjustment of the rear brake foot pedal. You can adjust the brakelight switch on it for sensitivity too. ie. brake light comes on just before brake engages, so you can flash a slow/stop warning w/o applying the brakes.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Hey, this thread got more and more interesting.....so
@ LibertyPond I do go sometimes but very rarely....fantastic views though, have to carry my Camera along with me and start photographing the places I go to......Golden Bay is where I usually head to, as it`s like the holy place for us bikers especially on a nice Sunday morning.....its the re-union of the brothers, hundreds of bikers, hundreds of different shiny bikes with their different engines and their roars. were all in heaven :)
A biker Mecca in Malta huh? I think I could do that. ;) I knew those gatherings took place in the states and in the UK but didn't know about anywhere else. In Paris, two-wheeled rides seem more for convenience than for the ride - they can lane split and beat downtown traffic. There's almost NO cruisers. I think I saw one and I've been there a dozen times. In Montpellier, its more mopeds and Vespas but that's the Mediterranean side. I'll have to Google the Golden Bay, I'm not familiar with that. I understand most of your beaches are world famous for good reason too. Any chance you have pictures of any?

Ok, after a quick google, it's apparent The Golden Bay is one of the world famous beaches. When the rest of you have a spare second, google "Malta Golden Bay" and click 'image results'. This is why I love the Mediterranean. Malta is a small island off the Southern coast of Sicilia, Sicily. It's likely the images you'll see are a relatively short ride to get to and even better if it's a long one. It's truly remarkable. Malteser, if you have pics you took of the Golden Bay, I'd love to see them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey, Finally I posted some photos....a bit dark as they were done this evening in my garage,we have some bad weather here at the moment hmmm :(.... next photos will be in sunny Golden Bay, ok! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts