Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
linkage bearings question all balls kit

Hi, need your advise.
I'm rebuilding my frame and i just replaced the linkage bearings. ( also new head bearings)

I took out. 1 seal, 1 bearing and one busing on each site
The all balls kit comes with bushing, bearings , seal, and.... 4 rubber seals 2 messing bushings en 2 shims.
Where does this goes? Do i need them? and how to use them?
The bushing, bearings and seal are installed but i do not like to see parts left over :)

28-1059 - Swing Arm Bearing & Linkage Kits | All Balls Racing

thnx

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
from the link, that kits fits many different models of bike, they will include what is needed for all, you may have some extra parts that are not used on the vn750.
as long as you put in the same amount of stuff you take out, your good to go

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from the link, that kits fits many different models of bike, they will include what is needed for all, you may have some extra parts that are not used on the vn750.

as long as you put in the same amount of stuff you take out, your good to go

Thanks nog i can proceed

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,992 Posts
You're like the only the second person I remember who replaced the swing arm bushings. The stock units....They are bushings, not roller bearings correct?

I've replaced the steering head bearings in two of the bikes I owned with tapered rollers. Are the roller bearings in your photo for the swing arm or the steering head?
I need to do the steering head on my project bike...the top race is dented.

Really on the Vulcan I would think you'd need to have A LOT of miles on the bike before the swing arm needed work. ..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're like the only the second person I remember who replaced the swing arm bushings. The stock units....They are bushings, not roller bearings correct?

I've replaced the steering head bearings in two of the bikes I owned with tapered rollers. Are the roller bearings in your photo for the swing arm or the steering head?
I need to do the steering head on my project bike...the top race is dented.

Really on the Vulcan I would think you'd need to have A LOT of miles on the bike before the swing arm needed work. ..

The picture is for the swingarm. All Balls replied . The extra parts are for other bikes. I only need to replace the bearings and collars and seal.
The was not realy play in the old ones but I replaced it anyway now it is dismanteld.
From the Swingarm I took out a seal. tapperd bearing and collar.

I also replaced the head bearings and collars.
No special tools just a pipe and hammer
I used the old collars to hammer the new one in.
Don't forget to fill the bearings with a lot of grease. :)

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Yes, they're basically bushings. Never seen a bad one, just one out of adjustment, but go for it if you want the peace of mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts