Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good lil ride today, 194 mi. Winchester Tn. to Cowan Tn., and got with seven others in our club, rode down into Henegar Al. and on to Trenton Ga. and ate lunch, then back up thru Wildwood Ga. and then to South Pittsburg Tn. up 156 to Sewanee Tn. then off the mountain & back thru Cowan to Winchester and on to near Tullahoma and gassed up & back home... I rode drag as usual and got around 55 mpg, 185 on the trip meter (most I have put on it between fill ups) and it held 3.35 gal. ... I think when I ride drag with them I could safely go 200 on a tank... It has a 4.5 gal. tank, but it also has the gas pump & stuff in there that would take up some space... I'm goin to hold to not to exceeding 150 when I ride by myself though...
2-Honda 3 wheelers, 1-Kaw., 4-Harleys, 1-Sportster... and 2-Showers...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Sounds like a good ride. How did the wrist hold up? Never did found a cohort for this weekend to ride. Shooting for the 12/13 of July now for my Tennessee ride.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Have a good one...Old Dog...[/QUOTE]

Funny how you list harleys and sportster separate

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Funny how you list harleys and sportster separate
Well you know how the big Harley riders consider Sportsters girls bikes...
I consider the Sportster more in line with the VN750 myself...lol...

Chuck A. said:
Sounds like a good ride. How did the wrist hold up? Never did found a cohort for this weekend to ride. Shooting for the 12/13 of July now for my Tennessee ride.
It was doin great till last night when I took my shower and twisted it some way, and went back to square one... It's weird, I can carry a 5 gal. can of gas with it, no problem, but scratch my rear wrong and oh boy...
Anyway seems like I will be able to ride ok with one of the cheap 1/2 bands, but not the good braced one, it hurts my hand when I wear it...
I might be up to ride the 12/13 July... I've got to pull my wheels and get new tires shortly, have them at the shop ready to be put on, just need to get a few more miles out of the old ones, and the wrist in shape to pull the wheels...
Are you talking about Lynchburg, or the Dragon/Skyway ride...???

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Skyway for sure, Dragon is optional. Waiting to here from a couple of locals that said they may be up to riding up but they are talking camping somewhere in the Carolinas.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Skyway for sure, Dragon is optional. Waiting to here from a couple of locals that said they may be up to riding up but they are talking camping somewhere in the Carolinas.
Yeah, I'd rather do the Skyway than the Dragon, also you can turn off North on 129 and go to 28 and hang Rt. on what is called the Moonshiner 28, or even stay in Robbinsville and go up from there and catch it... Two days though it would depend on where the start was, I know I can't do these 500 mi. rides in the good twisty stick country...lol...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Yeah, I'd rather do the Skyway than the Dragon, also you can turn off North on 129 and go to 28 and hang Rt. on what is called the Moonshiner 28, or even stay in Robbinsville and go up from there and catch it... Two days though it would depend on where the start was, I know I can't do these 500 mi. rides in the good twisty stick country...lol...
I might be able to head down that way and ride a day or so with you all at that time.I'd be up fpr camping a night or so. sounds like I'm trying to crash your party, huh ? :motorcycl

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might be able to head down that way and ride a day or so with you all at that time.I'd be up fpr camping a night or so. sounds like I'm trying to crash your party, huh ? :motorcycl
Sounds great to me, or maybe we could even talk Chuck into some E. Tn./E. Ky. ridin, tale more than a couple of days though... I have a buddy up there that would probably ride with us too... Hey, I like either one, I would like to ride the Moonshiner 28 & Cherohala Skyway, and or any of those other rides...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I will be on family vacation from 6/29 thru 7/6. I go back to the doc on 7/9. The weekend of 7/12 is gonna be about the best time for me. I want to do the Skyway for sure and I'm not passed doing a motel for a night to get in a good ride. I would like to ride along the river from Cleveland to Ducktown, then up to Tellico to start the Skyway.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Thinking now about riding up to Pulaski to get a taco at Taco Bell. I tend to do that when I just go for a ride with no where in mind to go. Then go East or West depending on which way the head on the quarter is favoring when it hits the ground.:motorcycl

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'll probably have to hang around today, after the good lil ride yesterday, I'll have to mow today ...
PS-Here is a route from my house around thru the Cherohala Skyway & the Moonshiner 28 (+/-520 mi. RT), your route going up from 64 to Tellico would also be a good one...
http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=rn57r0bq
PS-Oops didn't see that lil finger (lower right) runin up North +/-9 mi. to near the N.C. line & back from Clayton Ga., removed that and it's +/-502 Mi. ...lol...
I'm wondering where we could meet up with Denny, as that would be a long haul for him from Inez Ky. ...???
Or could we make it a longer, say 4-day 3-night trip and go up into E. Tn. & E. Ky. and meet Denny up there somewhere...???
Or are you working now during the week, or what...???

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I'll probably have to hang around today, after the good lil ride yesterday, I'll have to mow today ...
PS-Here is a route from my house around thru the Cherohala Skyway & the Moonshiner 28 (+/-520 mi. RT), your route going up from 64 to Tellico would also be a good one...
http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=rn57r0bq
PS-Oops didn't see that lil finger (lower right) runin up North +/-9 mi. to near the N.C. line & back from Clayton Ga., removed that and it's +/-502 Mi. ...lol...
I'm wondering where we could meet up with Denny, as that would be a long haul for him from Inez Ky. ...???
Or could we make it a longer, say 4-day 3-night trip and go up into E. Tn. & E. Ky. and meet Denny up there somewhere...???
Or are you working now during the week, or what...???
I can meet you all around Maryville or the beginning of the Skyway.I can ride the slab on the way down and cover a lot of ground fairly quick even if it is kinda boring.I do have one of those "Geezer" rides now.No need to avert your plans on my account,If I have the time away from the sealcoat business is the only thing that might prevent me coming.Have bike, will travel.:smiley_th

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
/\ Oh my gosh, all that slab ridin...lol... You know if Chuck wants to come up thru Chattanooga and cut north off 64 to Tellico Plains, or he could come up here and we could ride over together, or if not,I could cut across country and we could all meet there at Tellico Plains and the beginning of the Skyway... I know there is a HD shop there that we could meet at, just sayin because I don't know other places there...
In my early years with TVA and working & meeting in different places, it was understood if you couldn't find the rest of the party (survey) you would go to the Post Office, in other words wait at the PO flag pole...lol...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
No, haven't went back to work yet. It could be 7/10 but I think the doctor will send me to work hardening for 2 weeks. That's why 7/11,7/12,7/13 are the best dates for me as of now. 500 miles, I'll definitely have to have some rest stops for the butt. A nights stay in possible Robbinsville N.C.? Got tender being off the bike. I did do 180 miles of mostly 2 lane roads today riding solo. Yelp, butts a little tender now. Leg did better than the butt so that a good sign. Denny, come on down if'n we get this planed out.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
/\ Hey, sounds like you are doin well on the leg... Yep, lets see if we can get things together and pull it off... Will that be good dates for Denny...??? 7/11, 7/12, & 7/13, that's Thursday/Friday & Saturday, Right...???

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes. Any of or all three will work for me.
3-days & 2-nights would be better in my opinion... But if we camp I will need to get me a summertime compact sleepin bag at least, no problem either way...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
/\ Hey, sounds like you are doin well on the leg... Yep, lets see if we can get things together and pull it off... Will that be good dates for Denny...??? 7/11, 7/12, & 7/13, that's Thursday/Friday & Saturday, Right...???
Sounds good to me so far. Like I said ,if I don't get a bunch of Sealing Jobs between now and then,I can do the trip .I need the work but if doesn't happen ,I can manage a few days on the road.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good to hear Denny, I think there are 3 or 4 motels in Robbinsville N.C., several in Highlanders N.C. but they may be kinda higher priced, 2 or 3 in Clayton Ga., also... About whatever y'all want to do will be ok with me, motel or sleep in the woods...lol...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I've got your phone number Mr. R. I'll call you this afternoon, if'n that's good with you. But yes, If Doc don't send me back to work on the 10th (which I don't see that happening), I'm in. Been waiting for this.:beerchug:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts