Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a stock seat and was wondering if the aftermarket seats give you more space (length) to sit farther back or maybe I need to try and get the seat customized? Any suggestions or comments be appreciated.
Thank you...

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
All the aftermarket seats pretty much follow the same contours of the stock seat pan..so no real gains to found there. The stock seat does have some room to move to there, you just have to carve out some of the foam.
If you can find a customizer to do this for you , you can pick up about 2-3 inches more going back by cutting the foam and recovering the seat.

KM

·
Registered
722 Posts
I took about 2" of foam out of mine and it made a big difference for me.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Maybe some forward control extensions would help? Would give you more leg room without modifying the seat.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think I will take the seat into the shop and get it customized. I got forward controls already and that helped alot - I'm just looking for a little bit more stretch now. Thanks for the suggestions...

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Steve had his seat cut back and put on Forward Controls.
HE likes it for his long legs.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Still waiting to get my forward controls fabed up,My buddy is trying to get things caught up so we can get mine done.Can't wait so I can get streched out on mine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lay out

I got a stock Kawi crash barr and put on some nice Zucaran (?) foot pegs. I'm 5'11" and it gives me plenty of room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts