Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Riders,

I am trying to figure out the wiring on my 86 Vulcan 750. It has has some mods done by previous owners and I also did a little modification for the fan. That's the trouble, I had wired a toggle switch to turn the fan on/off and just found a hot wire (brown) to draw power. I was riding and flipped it on (it worked fine for 2 months) and then I noticed that my temp gauge went down way too quickly. The fan wasn't running and I had lost my neutral light, headlight, taillight, and gauges. It still runs (actually, a little better) and the turn signals and indicators still work.

I removed all my 10 Amp fuses and that had no effect, still ran, directionals still work. Not sure if that is the way it should be. I have tried to trace the wiring to see if anything is obviously shorted out. Any help or direction would be most appreciated....missing the best riding weather of the year right now.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had similar situation..rite down to the hard wired fan...i took out my headlamp and jiggle the wires behind to see if it would be short..in my case it was...perhaps be a method for you to look into...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brooklyn, I'll give it a go. Already removed the headlight and there are a bunch of wires going nowhere. I'll have to sort through them. Appreciate the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts