Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bobed vulcans shed weight,wonder how much?stock exhaust,cut frames,center stand,rack,grab rail and seat mount,should see a differance in power to weight ratio and throttle responce

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
dont know how much gains, but noticable for sure..

biggest gain is getting the rider to drop 80 or so lbs (at least in my vulcan's case)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts
Yes it's noticeable

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
Removing the stock exhaust would be the first step. It's freaking heavy. Loose the metal fenders and go with plastic (or aluminum)
The stock seat is fairly light, but can be cut down some to shed a pound or so.
The rear foot peg brackets are a good thing to lose if you go with a small solo seat. Earshave and Foam filters over K+N's. Aluminum racing bar instead of the stock chrome steel.

I've done some of this on my project bike and I'll tell you it's quicker than stock....but not by a lot.

·
Expendable newbie
309 Posts
dont know how much gains, but noticable for sure..

biggest gain is getting the rider to drop 80 or so lbs (at least in my vulcan's case)
Remove pot belly, muffin top, love handles. Empty the exhaust. Earshave, hairshave (whisper: everywhere), cut nails or remove em completely. Perform a complete wash down and cleaning, brush teeth and pick out the food stuck between teeth, remove boogers and save them for later.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Remove pot belly, muffin top, love handles. Empty the exhaust. Earshave, hairshave (whisper: everywhere), cut nails or remove em completely. Perform a complete wash down and cleaning, brush teeth and pick out the food stuck between teeth, remove boogers and save them for later.
yup, best way to improve the performance of MY vulcan. >:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts