Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Kawika
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on this forum purchased one of these spotlight bars on ebay?

I was wondering what your opinion of it is, as the seller's (kazumi837)description and location info, etc. is pretty vauge.
I actually emailed him and asked, "how many amps or watts does this setup use or do you have any info on the bulbs?"
and his response was, "Hi dont worry about that all can use thanks"

I was wondering about the chrome too.
I'm interested in it, but I don't want to throw down on it, if it is just junk or something.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I don't think I'd get anything from that seller. Here are some of the negative/neutral feedbacks....
  • Extremely poor quality, bad welds, poor chrome, rust spots. did not fit.
  • The item received did not fit on the bike that the ad said it would fit on
  • Looks good but not an exact fit, chrome chipped off edge
  • Tab broke on install from only mild pressure. Cheap garbage
  • Cheap Quality KnockOff-Piss poor packing for HIGH shipping chargeWOULD NOT AGAIN
  • Cheap china knock off: drain holes not bored into cylinder, get what you pay for
  • Had to bend out rack to fit it no instructions,
  • sent wrought part would not sent right part 2 many emails no help
  • Poor quality. Plates had to be modified to fit. Hardware was missing from box.
  • Poor Chrome. Had to alter to fit. All day job. Y contact Seller, says no refunds
  • chrome had some cracks and will eventually peal and get worse!
  • this seller will cheat you if given a chance they did me
  • received items DAMAGED,,and seller has not fixed situation.."BEWARE of SELLER!!"
  • quality wasn't quite what I expected
  • priority ship took 4 wks-item rusty & did not fit-had to pay to have it fixed
  • Didn't fit per ad- retrofit to make it fit-poor quality-seller did offer refund
  • poor comunication, took one month to get part, did not fit had to modify to work
  • Not best quality,good enogh for starter bike i plan to sell,
Yeah, there are plenty of positive ones too, but i wouldn't risk it. Especially with the housings of the lights being plastic.
IMO, seems like a foreign seller and they're not too worried about selling cheap parts.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I wouldn't through down on those...you could build a nicer looking set for that much...sure it wouldn't be 100% chrome...but for the amount saved...chroming might be a n option.

·
Kawika
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:wow:
thanks for the research hyper and the suggestions slim...I'm definitely getting a junk vibe from the seller...I just thought someone here may have bought one, because I've seen him sell a few. I think I will have to put one together by next spring...I'll have to see how the signals fit in with the new windshield first.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I purchased mine on ebay from CycleRyder Custom Accessories its all one pice the only thing I did was replace the lights with drag lights & I used a wire harness i bought from Pep boys it works I take some pics & post them tomorrow

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
i payed about $130 for the bar with lights I put on a set of drag lights & got the wireing harness from Pep Boys I payed &100 for the lights & $10 for the wiring.
It took me about 1 hour to run all the wires I put the switch on the left side text to the horn button it works realy wasen't that hard I just took my time

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
cool, I didn't think it was hard...just questions that others might have had...but I was worried about the switch...been looking for a switch housing that fits on our bars...but I am guessing that you just drilled a hole next to the horn button to mount a rocker switch?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts