Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Madmaverick83
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok might be something thats been covered or maybe even normal for the bike. I have a 95 vn 750 that i have had for over 2 years now and when i hit the front breaks i can hear what sounds like a clicking type sound from the breaks. its breaks just fine no problems there but i dont understand why it makes that noise. Is it normal or is there something i should look into further? I live in Washington and love to ride so of course i am forced to ride rain or shine or i would hardly get to ride at all up here. dont know if that plays a difference or not.

·
Registered
441 Posts
ive been told its normal.. it has something to do with how the front discs are slotted and it makes that noise. I have an '01 and it does the same thing

·
Registered
445 Posts
You need to spray your scoot for crickets. :)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I have noticed that if I get on the front brake aggressively, I feel a "pulsing" sensation in the lever and do hear a slight sound.....I wouldn't call it clicking though.

I assume it is normal because mine has done that since I took it of the showroom floor, and the braking is more than acceptable.

·
Madmaverick83
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
never felt anything in the lever can just hear it, maybe a light rattle sound instead of clicking. its not too loud and was more of a curiosity than anything and though i would ask since a lot of people here seem to be very knowledgeable

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
.. it has something to do with how the front discs are slotted and it makes that noise
Slotted, or with holes (for cooling) ?...my friends Kawi Concourse gas the holey rotors (newer bike)...

I get no noise from my 85, but I have the solid rotors...mebbe that IS what causes it...

·
Registered
384 Posts
The holes in the rotors are whats making the noise when the brake pads come into contact with them. Mine does it, and it has never affected the braking aspect of it. Took me a while to get used to it.
I can feel a slight pulse in the brake lever if I get really aggressive with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts