Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2001 vn750 I just bought needs very liitle work. Mainly just some TLC, and all fluids changed for safety, and a spline lube. I noticed my license plate light was out while doing a pre-ride inspection. The filament was broken. The reflector and socket are all rust free and look brand new. I stopped by Advance and got a two pack of 63 bulbs. 4.3w and the same physical size. $4.79. The new bulb i put in worked great! for about 2 days...so I put in the second bulb. and that one worked for about 2 days! I looked up the bulb in the Clymer. It states the U.S. model should have an 8w bulb. Could the 4.3w I put in be buring out because its not rated for the amount of juice its getting? the bulb i took our originally said "tokyo" on it, and was a 5w, and that one had the same black glass look like the other two i blew. any suggestions? I dont wanna ride at night now for fear of getting a ticket.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
figured it out. The bulbs i bought were 7volt bulbs. whoops! gonna get the correct ones today! thanks for all the help guys!!! ....oh wait... nvm! :)

·
Banned
448 Posts
I was gonna say you can get some led license plate lights to put on the corners of the plate to light it up. I used them on my car, and they work great.
They are a light and bolt all in one. Pretty cheap, and you can get them at most any auto parts place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts