Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I bought my bike The brake lever had the ball broken off from a drop. I bought the same thing you did and it took probably 3 minutes to put it on, no worries :motorcycl

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
thanks to your post i just ordered some kury wide levers....about 40 bucks shipped.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know how you like them. I thought about those. I still might get them in a few months. I also picked up the 12 led spinner brake light. That should get a few peoples attention.

I needed a cheap lever because I have to get my bike inspected, and I not sure if they would pass is with the end of the brake lever missing.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
BE CAREFULL!! when replacing the clutch lever not to snap off the plunger for the safety switch, recommend removing the switch before you change levers. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
What! How do you remove the switch? oh man!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Let me know how you like them. I thought about those. I still might get them in a few months. I also picked up the 12 led spinner brake light. That should get a few peoples attention.

I needed a cheap lever because I have to get my bike inspected, and I not sure if they would pass is with the end of the brake lever missing.
They passed me, he just mentioned that I should get it replaced asap. This is in MA.

As for the clutch lever, I didn't replace that one so I would listen to Lance, haha.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Well I guess I am different, the used 06 I bought had the Kury wide levers and the grips, I hated them both, liked the stock grips and levers much better, I don't have really small hands nor large ones either, about Med. or close to average I think, but the grips and wide levers in my opinion are more suited to large hands...
Just sayin...You know how opinions are. ...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Funny, I put the wide levers on mine because they reminded me of my 1994 Sportster and the skinny levers started hurting my hands after long rides. I wear a size small or medium glove depending on how they're cut (short fingers with wide palms). The levers from Küryakyn are nice and shiny too. No install problems at all. It's a good idea to keep the OEM ones in the bike's toolbox just in case the bike tips over while away from home somewhere and a lever breaks off. It's pretty hard to get home without a working clutch lever.

-Sloppy

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Funny, I put the wide levers on mine because they reminded me of my 1994 Sportster and the skinny levers started hurting my hands after long rides. I wear a size small or medium glove depending on how they're cut (short fingers with wide palms). The levers from Küryakyn are nice and shiny too. No install problems at all. It's a good idea to keep the OEM ones in the bike's toolbox just in case the bike tips over while away from home somewhere and a lever breaks off. It's pretty hard to get home without a working clutch lever.
-Sloppy
Like I said "you know how opinions are", thats why they make chocolate and whatever, never could spell vanilla...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts