Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are alot of helmet styles, graphic designs and custom jobs out there. Let's see what you got!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are my current ones. Mind you I would not wear one if I could legally~

For the 750 and all cruisers, Voss Jockey in flat black. (NON DOT) Been using since 2007.

For sport bikes. Icon Mainframe Halo DOT. Used since 2006, I'm slowly phasing out.

For sport bikes. IV2 Las Vegas Rider 2 DOT Used since 2012 phasing in primarily long rides only now.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
glx, half helmet for around town

fulmer "voodude" for offroad fun

VCAN modular bluetooth for rainy days and highway

Attachments

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
heres mine, rt 32 in ohio at night, oddly I don't mind wearing it a bit!!!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
and actually that wasn't even a bad night!

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Check This Out. Would love to have one of this in the winter time. Keep your head warm.

http://vimeo.com/61179198
Wow ! That's impressive.
My first thought is "would it increase a Claustrophobic feeling" ? ? ?
...As in could/would the latch ever become inoperable & unable to take it off.
That would suck !
I could always cut a chin strap if necessary.

:smiley_th

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
^neat concept...
But with your chin enclosed like that, what keeps it from fogging up?

(Noticed no one closed the visor)
Bam!! I knew someone would think of it. Want to see how far this would go before that would be pointed out. Knife, I'll give you credit on being sharp.:smiley_th First time I saw it that was the first thing I thought of cause I can fog over an open face shield.

BUT man wouldn't it keep your head warmer in the cooler months.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Now with this Voztec verses a chin strap: I met a man about 3 months ago that was in a back and neck brace. Said a woman pulled out in front of him while he was riding and he took the ditch, hit the end of a culvert, bike flipped end over end, throwing him off and the passenger back rest caught the under side of his chin part of the full face helmet while he was siding on his back and the bike still flipping. Flipped his head back enough to break his neck and the chin strap and took the helmet off his head. If the helmet had not come off would it have decapitated him?

And my apologies to Rebel13. I should have started this Helmet under another thread.

·
Super Moderator
11,966 Posts
Bam!! I knew someone would think of it. Want to see how far this would go before that would be pointed out. Knife, I'll give you credit on being sharp.:smiley_th First time I saw it that was the first thing I thought of cause I can fog over an open face shield.

BUT man wouldn't it keep your head warmer in the cooler months.
Yeah, I be thinker. ;)

I actually sent the company an email asking about this. Will post the reply if I get one.

My Shoei comes with a "skirt" that you can attach to the helmet. It closes off the area right under the chin a little bit more and is supposed to be used for cold weather. Tried it once...felt like I couldn't breathe.
Helmet also has a "breath guard" that is suppose to direct your breath downward away from the visor. I do use this in cold weather, but even with it, a normal visor still fogs up some. (So I use a Pinlock visor when it's cold out)

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
^neat concept...
But with your chin enclosed like that, what keeps it from fogging up?

(Noticed no one closed the visor)
Did you not see the vents on the "chin"? Open those up to prevent fogging while riding.

My only complaint about the helmet is how it would stay snug after the padding breaks in. I know it has the adjustable chin thing inside, but I'd rather have a strap I can cinch tight every time.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I run an Arai Vector 2. I got it half off for around $225, so quite the steal. The quality is amazing and I'd be happy to buy another Arai. My old Shoei was fine, but this is in another league.

·
Super Moderator
11,966 Posts
Did you not see the vents on the "chin"? Open those up to prevent fogging while riding.
LOL...Now That's funny. Every full face helmet I own has "chin vents" and none of them prevent fogging on a cold day. On some helmets I have seen...I doubt they do anything at all.

The only thing that I know that works is to leave the visor cracked open a bit. My Shoei even has a lever on the side that holds the visor open about 1/8th inch.

But when it's cold out you'll get face freeze if you leave your visor open when moving at any good rate of speed. Ever have your eyes hurt from the cold?

So if the vent is actually big enough to keep the visor from fogging up, it's likely no different than opening it up a bit....which is not the answer if its cold out.....or raining....

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
LOL...Now That's funny. Every full face helmet I own has "chin vents" and none of them prevent fogging on a cold day. On some helmets I have seen...I doubt they do anything at all.

The only thing that I know that works is to leave the visor cracked open a bit. My Shoei even has a lever on the side that holds the visor open about 1/8th inch.

But when it's cold out you'll get face freeze if you leave your visor open when moving at any good rate of speed. Ever have your eyes hurt from the cold?

So if the vent is actually big enough to keep the visor from fogging up, it's likely no different than opening it up a bit....which is not the answer if its cold out.....or raining....
Heck, my 3/4 helmet fogs on colder days. No real way to prevent it unless you apply anti-fog treatment to the inside of the visor.

And yes, I've ridden below 40 with a half-helmet and no eye protection. I rode once in sleet, now that was fun! Especially since I didn't have the front fender installed. Won't do that again, lol.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
My only complaint about the helmet is how it would stay snug after the padding breaks in. I know it has the adjustable chin thing inside, but I'd rather have a strap I can cinch tight every time.
I'm still waiting for the padding on my helmet to "break in"... it's still as snug as the first day I put it on about 2.5 years ago lol.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Isnt this supposed to be a "show your lid" thread ?...what anal cavity started on the safety discussion crap ?...keep it OT....wanna talk "straps"...helmet, jock, etc....start a new fookin thread.......get a life...
Methinks an apology to the OP is needed here, be it public or private....

Ive hijacked threads myself in the past but have always asked forgiveness...

Mine are both old...the half shell is about 25 yrs old, and the 3/4 Bell Super Magnum about 38 yrs....the insides of the Bell need replacing...the halfie is still ok...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts