·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Angel ?

:smiley_th

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,753 Posts
as a "Pope of Hell", I should get my a$$ up there to represent! lol I would love to go to Hell and back again, again. but that being a Sunday, I don't see it happening. if I would have had a little more of a heads up, I might have been able to make it happen. oh well, maybe next year.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Not it. I've never been a fan of events like that. Why should I have to pay someone to look at my bike? Unless I'm rocking a truly awesome custom bike I built I see no point.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Not it. I've never been a fan of events like that. Why should I have to pay someone to look at my bike? Unless I'm rocking a truly awesome custom bike I built I see no point.
The reason for that is because it is a fund raiser but it is your decision to attend or not. No disrespect intended with my explanation and if I missed a hidden question or comment I apologize. Sometimes I am just slow as happens after you pass the 60 mark and are only a few days short of 61.

·
2,501 Posts
Hey just wanted to see if anyone would be up in meeting up and riding over to Hell June 1st for Blessing of the Bikes in Hell? I plan on going, but would be cool to ride over together if anyone is interested.....QUOTE]

Stone Poet, good to see you back posting.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
The reason for that is because it is a fund raiser but it is your decision to attend or not. No disrespect intended with my explanation and if I missed a hidden question or comment I apologize. Sometimes I am just slow as happens after you pass the 60 mark and are only a few days short of 61.
I realize it is a fundraiser. I'm all for a good cause. I just prefer not to attend larger organized events that donate to them. I've seen lots of good charitable organizations only receive a portion ( a small portion) of funds raised. I donate, but I prefer to do it directly to the cause.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I realize it is a fundraiser. I'm all for a good cause. I just prefer not to attend larger organized events that donate to them. I've seen lots of good charitable organizations only receive a portion ( a small portion) of funds raised. I donate, but I prefer to do it directly to the cause.
VERY, VERY good point !

Too many locations/business's/individuals willing to volunteer essentials w/o costs, = total fund raisers
for a true Fund Raiser !
:smiley_th

·
2,501 Posts
I was never questioning your charitable ideals. I took your question at face value. I may have a slightly different view point but I do understand your intention. I also agree that some fundraisers only pass on a small percentage of the donations to the proper organization.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as a "Pope of Hell", I should get my a$$ up there to represent! lol I would love to go to Hell and back again, again. but that being a Sunday, I don't see it happening. if I would have had a little more of a heads up, I might have been able to make it happen. oh well, maybe next year.
Sorry Ruger :( I shold have posted earlier, but just wasn't sure if I was going to be going or not. I'm also a bit bummed cause I just found out that there will be no Detroit Bike Week this year at all :( So it's Hell and our gathering that are the only bike related events it looks like I'll be going to this summer.

Stone Poet, good to see you back posting.
Thanks Vulcan, yeah I'm around just crazy busy, actually recently just got finished doing a 1200 mile ride down to NC. :pepper:

Mike I'm only going as and excuse to to do something that day first of all. Also as for the charitable element here is my perspective.

I've been an organizer for years, over this time I've have worked on my events that were fundraisers for something or another. I also donate our of pocket to many things, as well as in-kind. You are somewhat correct as for the small portion actually going to the cause, but that is not always the case. Also, look at it this way many fundraisers are sold more on the event rather than the fundraising itself, and often times that's just an added bonus to let people know there is a purpose behind the event. Many fundraiser events bring out people in a social way to have a good time, and these people may not actually be people who would actually reach in their pockets to donate to a cause directly. I'm in the midst of seting up some fundraisers for the Poetry Slam Team at the moment. I can assure you we raise more money this way rather than just asking for donations. Hell, in April we had our Slam finals, it was a fundraiser for us. People bought tickets to come see a show, and after expenses we still brought in over $1700. There is no way we would have gotten that much money in 1 day had we just asked for donations alone.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
I'm already going to Hell, I'm not in any rush to get there. ;)

Just kidding, if it were a little closer geographically I'd go. As it is, nah. Have fun though and please take a couple pictures. :D

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,753 Posts
I'm already going to Hell, I'm not in any rush to get there. ;)

Just kidding, if it were a little closer geographically I'd go. As it is, nah. Have fun though and please take a couple pictures. :D
well, you don't know what you're missing! lol the wife and I have been there a few times. it's a neat little place. we always make sure to get some ice cream while in Hell, MI.. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Come on Mike, let those moths out of your wallet. lol. Can't go myself. Family obligations. Damn! Going to to-le-do Monday if your interested.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Come on Mike, let those moths out of your wallet. lol. Can't go myself. Family obligations. Damn! Going to to-le-do Monday if your interested.
Me Mike? Toledo is 8 hours from me and I work full time. Thanks for the invitation though. As far as letting the moths out of my wallet, I'm pretty sure the engagment ring I just bought my fiance took care of that! LOL!!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Me Mike? Toledo is 8 hours from me and I work full time. Thanks for the invitation though. As far as letting the moths out of my wallet, I'm pretty sure the engagment ring I just bought my fiance took care of that! LOL!!! :D
Sorry. Meant M_Angel.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,753 Posts
wrong "MIKE". I believe he wasn't talking to you. lol as for the $ part.....well, let's see.....a meanie, a "Bitchin' Camaro" (with gull wings, to boot!), helicopter pilot, let alone the "rock" you just put on your girls hand! yeah, well, did I miss anything? oh, maybe the 3 week honeymoon in Hawaii? just saying ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts