Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looked under my 750 today on the right( side if you are sitting on bike)
there is one bolt that screws in from the bottom with the bolt head pointing toward the ground and a hole right next to it that looks like it should have a bolt in it too.Am I missing a bolt and if so do you know the bolt I will need and where to get beside Kawasaki

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I know what the drain plug is this is a small bolt head for holding on the pan with about a 3/8 head and a hole 1 inch away that has a tad of oil on it which it looks like another bolt should be in...do you have 2 small bolt heads side by side...thanks for reply

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
mine is like that too, so either its supposed to be, or were both screwed!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is just a dash of oil on that hole and no leaks anywhere else so I am baffled but you must be right thanks

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
No I know what the drain plug is this is a small bolt head for holding on the pan with about a 3/8 head and a hole 1 inch away that has a tad of oil on it which it looks like another bolt should be in...do you have 2 small bolt heads side by side...thanks for reply
I haven`t gone out to check the location on my bike, but isn`t there a coolant drain hole down there if the water pump seals start to leak?

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
I haven`t gone out to check the location on my bike, but isn`t there a coolant drain hole down there if the water pump seals start to leak?
That's exactly what I think he is talking about here. A few folks over the years noticed it.... A few said it looked like there was something leaking. But if there is no puddle under the bile, I wouldn't be worried.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts