Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I hope this hasn't been addressed elsewhere, but my search never turns up anything on the subject.

Does anyone know if there are any legal issues with doing the ear-shave and coastering? I have to pull the carbs to clean them, and want to get rid of all that crap.

Will there be any trouble getting the bike inspected after doing this?

Specific to New York State if anyone knows about it.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Hi,

I hope this hasn't been addressed elsewhere, but my search never turns up anything on the subject.

Does anyone know if there are any legal issues with doing the ear-shave and coastering? I have to pull the carbs to clean them, and want to get rid of all that crap.

Will there be any trouble getting the bike inspected after doing this?

Specific to New York State if anyone knows about it.
No problem getting the bike inspected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks

Thanks for the help, need to get this done and get back on the road.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
The only place where it would have ever been a problem was Maricopa and Pima counties in AZ, the only counties in the U.S. that had motorcycle emissions testing. They finally did away with it a year and a half ago, after 35 years. I had the CA evap system and the complete air injection system ripped off mine the first year I bought it, and it still passed. I still have the stock intake system because I like it. The ears give it that old school Japanese cruiser look that differentiate it from the new school Japanese Harley look.

That look, along with the comfort, is why I decided to fix it. I couldn't find a newer Japanese cruiser that I liked the looks of. And most of the seats hurt just sitting there.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Earshaved,degoated ,and have caps over the valves where the hoses go so technically I'm coastered and no issues.where ya at in NY?

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I have seen many "modified" Vulcan 750s, and have come to the conclusion that it is not possible to "improve" the looks over stock. To each their own. None of my mods changed the looks, unless you look real close. I removed all the emissions crap for 2 reasons. To make the bike run better, and for my own personal satisfaction. I loathe and despise the EPA, (even more than the IRS) and take great pleasure in getting back at them any way I can, even if it is only symbolic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts