Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left blinker blinks very fast. I would say it blinks 4 times as fast as the right side and the left front bulb is very dim. I removed the bulb, reinstalled it, and now everything is fine. There is no corrosion on the contacts or the bulb itself. Is it just a bad connection? or can it be something else?.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Car turn signals do the same thing as they're starting to go - it's a "warning sign" so that you aren't left without a blinker altogether. I didn't know that our bikes would do the same, but I guess it makes sense (same basic mechanism). As long as the new bulb is in there and all seems ok at the moment, I'd assume you just responded to the warning signal! Well done! :rockon:

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
A bad ground can cause the bulb to blink fast and be dim. Probably by removing the bulb and reinstalling it, you made better contact with the ground. Totally a wild guess though!

·
Geek
872 Posts
I had the same problem last fall. Someone here suggested changing the bulbs, which I did. The problem went away. Now it's back again. I don't think the bulbs are bad. I'm going to sand the connections and add a little die-electric grease and see what happens. Fergy could be right. But my bike has never been in the rain (well, 5 minutes once) and is garage kept.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts